Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ready Rico Preps For First World Title Shot With Shimoda

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ready Rico Preps For First World Title Shot With Shimoda

By Thomas Gerbasi - Ask Rico Ramos how many Puerto Ricans are in his native Pico Rivera, California, and he thinks about it for a second. Then he laughs.

“Not that many,” he said. “Really, none at all. They’re all in New York and Florida.”

There will certainly be plenty in New York City this weekend, with the annual Puerto Rican Day Parade taking place, but from a boxing point of view, there will be no Miguel Cotto, Juan Manuel Lopez, or Ivan Calderon fights at Madison Square Garden, like there usually is. But rising star Ramos promises that one day, he will be there to celebrate with his fellow Boricuas.

“I will get there,” said Ramos. “All I gotta do is keep training and keep winning and I’ll get there to the top. I just want it so bad and I want to get to that MGM Grand and Madison Square Garden. I want to get everywhere.”

He’s on his way. On July 9th in Atlantic City, Ramos will challenge for his first pro title when he takes on WBA super bantamweight champion Akifumi Shimoda, and it’s not only an opportunity to gain a valuable trinket for his trophy case, but it’s an HBO-televised showcase that can bring his fast fists and hands into the nation’s living rooms.

In other words, to the world, it’s the first step in the star-making process. But the process really began when Ramos walked into the Broadway Boxing Gym in Los Angeles at the age of eight. It’s the part of the boxing story few refer back to, assuming that fighters fall out of the sky and into the amateur or pro ranks. That’s not the case, and what happens in those formative years can dictate where a boxer eventually winds up, because “real” life usually interferes. [Click Here To Read More]

Do your thing, you win and people will know who you are..

Comment

LOL there will be no rican champs in in the PR parade cuz Mexicans owned them all BAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by IslaSimio View Post
        LOL there will be no rican champs in in the PR parade cuz Mexicans owned them all BAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by IslaSimio View Post
          --Psyche!!

Comment

That is one ugly mother ****er

Comment

Rico is my friend and a peoples champ

Originally posted by Mashadin View Post
              That is one ugly mother ****er
              Most of you guys don't know Rico, but he's a good kid. This fight is his dream, his life.

He grew in the hood with nothing only dreams and he is there finally.

I told him, Shimoda is Japense and they are probably the most proud people on the planet.

they would rather die before losing. He will be ready,.

Rico is my friend and I want you guys to know (especially fans in the USA) that this kid has earned every bit of the title shot and when he wins, I promise he will make America proud. He is humble yet hardworking, he hits hard yet is soft spoken.

if you knew him as a friend he is not different then the rest of us, only blessed with amazing talents in boxing.

Pray for him guys. he is one of us. Just another kid from the neighborhood, but this time its our neighborhood.

This fight opens doors to the world if he wins, but they stay shut if he doesnt.

Personally, I am bettting the freaking house on Rico. HE WAS BORN FOR THIS! I've said it in the past. Arce, Vazquez, all the rest, Rico is coming for you.

He is one of us. Earned every right. If you're not cheering for Rico on the 9th than you are trippin.

Dreams come true and he is proof. Stay focused champ. Beat him to the punch from bell to bell.

Use that jab and wait for the right hand oppening, dont force it. he will try to brawl you. Box his freaking ears off.

You might call Rico ugly, but he boxes beautifully. He is my friend and come title night he will be champ. Promise.

Love ya Rico, go ****in get em kid.
              Last edited by KingMidas; 06-10-2011, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KingMidas View Post
                Most of you guys don't know Rico, but he's a good kid. This fight is his dream, his life.

I told him, Shimoda is Japense and they are probably the most proud people on the planet.

Rico is my friend and I want you guys to know (especially fans in the USA) that this kid has earned every bit of the title shot and when he wins, I promise he will make America proud. He is humble yet hardworking, he hits hard yet is soft spoken.

if you knew him as a friend he is not different then the rest of us, only blessed with amazing talents in boxing.

Pray for him guys. he is one of us. Just another kid from the neighborhood, but this time its our neighborhood.

This fight opens doors to the world if he wins, but they stay shut if he doesnt.
                Personally, I am bettting the freaking house on Rico. HE WAS BORN FOR THIS! I've said it in the past. Arce, Vazquez, all the rest, Rico is coming for you.

He is one of us. Earned every right. If you're not cheering for Rico on the 9th than you are trippin.

Dreams come true and he is proof. Stay focused champ. Beat him to the punch from bell to bell.

Use that jab and wait for the right hand oppening, dont force it. he will try to brawl you. Box his freaking ears off.

You might call Rico ugly, but he boxes beautifully. He is my friend and come

title night he will be champ. Promise.

War shimoda. Them japs aint no joke.

Comment

You wish ***** thats y ure mexican bum chavez chickend out again for the third time to fight cotto we own ure countries fighters ure losing the ratio you idiot learn to count 1 pr fighter beats 10 mex fights your losing kid

Comment

Originally posted by KingMidas View Post

You might call Rico ugly, but he boxes beautifully. He is my friend and come title night he will be champ. Promise.

He does look promising. I've seen a couple of his fights on FNF. He's quick and a hard hitter. I don't doubt he'll be a champ..., but for how long? We'll have to wait and see for that.

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                    You wish ***** thats y ure mexican bum chavez chickend out again for the third time to fight cotto we own ure countries fighters ure losing the ratio you idiot learn to count 1 pr fighter beats 10 mex fights your losing kid

You're still a phuckin' moron. Please, stay in school!

Comment

Working...
                    X