Collapse
No announcement yet.

My article from the Pacquiao-Margarito fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all of my friends for the kind words. It makes it worthwhile to hear that you enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
      I was exclusive for this article only, they were the ones that sent me to Dallas so its only right. I write for other outlets though, including Boxing Scene and GMA. I do write for Filipino Reporter every week though.
      woot that's very nice bro! and nice benefits!! free plane/fight tickets to fights!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
        woot that's very nice bro! and nice benefits!! free plane/fight tickets to fights!!!!
        Thank you bro, I had a lot of fun, except watching the Rigondeaux fight lol.

Comment

I was told by my editor that a government official from the Philippines is bringing a couple of copies home to Malacanang Palace to let some officials read. Hope they enjoy it too

Comment

Awesome article AS! Congrats on your recognition and excellent writing skills! Great read! Thank you for posting it for us.

Comment

This is from Asian Sensations excellent article about the Pac-Margo fight...Pre-fight controversy

'Margarito, who was suspended for a year after a plaster-like substance was discovered in his hand wraps prior to his 2009 bout with Shane Mosley, made one final attempt to bend the rules before stepping into the ring with Pacquiao.

Said promoter Bob Arum: Margarito was preparing to take a drink with a substance — ephedrine. We had people from each camp in the other camp’s dressing room. The Pacquiao camp protested and words were exchanged. [Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation Executive Director] Bill Kuntz came in, quieted everything down and told Margarito that he wasn’t allowed to take the drink. So he didn’t. In other words, it was handled in the proper manner. He had the thing ready to take and it never got into the water.”

Pacquiao’s conditioning coach Alex Ariza said that the substance ephedrine can “amp you up” and increase your energy output if enough of the substance is taken. He feels that Margarito still doesn’t believe in fighting on an even playing field. “So I can give Manny a hit of cocaine, even though I know it’s illegal? That is cheating. You don’t think I want to jack Manny up and give him a Super Fuel or those kind of things? You have to go in there balanced. If you’re not allowed to do this, I’m not allowed to do this.”

So why is nobody commenting about this? In the article, he clearly tried to take the ephedrine. To me, this, and the outcome of the fight, a complete shutout, casts even more doubt about his innocence re; the handwraps issue.

Could this be twice now that margo tried to cheat? I'm not accusing, but would like to hear some objective input. This is new news i feel should be discussed.

Should we just tuck this away and not pay any attention to it? C'mon, cheating in boxing is a cardinal sin. I would like to hear more about this from other sources. Did Margo try to cheat against Pac?
              Last edited by jazluvr; 11-21-2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

great read. keep it up and good luck.

Comment

When I grow up I want to be like TS. Excellent article!

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                    Awesome article AS! Congrats on your recognition and excellent writing skills! Great read! Thank you for posting it for us.
                    Originally posted by Vegan101 View Post
                    When I grow up I want to be like TS. Excellent article!
                    Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                      So why is nobody commenting about this? In the article, he clearly tried to take the ephedrine. To me, this casts even more doubt about his innocence re; the handwraps issue. Could this be twice now that margo tried to cheat? I'm not accusing, but would like to hear some objective input. This is new news i feel should be discussed.

Should we just tuck this away and not pay any attention to it? C'mon, cheating in boxing is a cardinal sin. I would like to hear more about this from other sources. Did Margo try to cheat against Pac?
                      Margarito, in my opinion, is a habitual cheat. This is a man that simply cannot control his compulsion to cheat. He knew that Texas' laughable drug testing would allow him to take the substance without detection. If not for Billy Keane being in the dressing room, Margarito would have gotten away with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X