Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else thought Katsidis was robbed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
    I scored the fight a draw. But I must say Katsidis looked far from his old self. His movement was sluggish and his punches were sloppy and unprecise, lacked sharpness. He did manage to land two or three good combinations, but he had problems penetrating Bums' defence. And btw, FUK BURNS/BUMS! That ugly bum had a great height and reach advantage, it was an unfair fight, a mismatch! All he had to do was stretch his arms to hit Katsidis and then lay against the ropes and cover his face up like a bitx. Unfair fight. But Katsidis is obviously on the slide, remember last year when he destroyed Mitchell in 3 rounds?? This was just a shell of that Katsidis.
    How was it unfair? Did Burns cheat? Or is there a new rule against being taller and/or having a longer reach than your opponent? Seriously, get da **** outa here wit dis ****...

Comment

And I thought you knew about the weight-scam of today. Its common, guys lose a lot before the weigh in and then gain a lot by fight night. Burns was never a sfw. He's barely a lw. Not a natural one I mean. Cmon, you expecting me to believe a 178 cm guy can NATURALLY weigh below 60 kilos? He don't look anorectic to me.
      Diego Corrales 5ft10 fought at 130lbs

Paul Williams 6ft 2 fought at 147

Tommy Hearn’s 6ft1 fought at 147

His height is irrelevant if he can make the weight he can fight there you are out of your depth not one person has agreed with you so far.

Comment

Corrales was skinny as fuk, same with Williams and Hearns. Burns is obviously just one of those guys that wanna fight lower than natural because they wanna have a physical advantage they can take advantage of.

Comment

Corrales was skinny as fuk, same with Williams and Hearns. Burns is obviously just one of those guys that wanna fight lower than natural because they wanna have a physical advantage they can take advantage of.
          And.....??????

Comment

ffs if he was cutting to much to make weight it would effect him greatly he would be weak and have no stamina

Burns

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...s_1270004a.jpg

Chico

http://uppercutlefthook.com/wp-conte...o-corrales.jpg

both were 5ft10 both had similar builds both fought at the same weight you are ok with one but not the other? Bias much?
            Last edited by -Lowkey-; 11-08-2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

No, and the only reason I picked Burns to win is because of all the wars Katsidis has been in. Burns at most put up a decent performance, I still saw alot of vulnerabilities, lucky for him Katsidis doesn't have a right hand. Also, I'm not expecting Burns to become a major player at 135, he's an alright fighter, not overrated like someone suggested.

Comment

Close but clear to Burns. I had it by two or three rounds. Katsidis didn't look like he had the stamina or the speed anymore. I'm yet to talk to anyone but the threadstarter who thinks that Katsidis deserved a win or a draw.

Comment

Burns definitely won.

Katsidis has lost his mojo.

Comment

Im a fan of Katsidis and have never been intrested in Burns before when iv watched him but iv got to say i was very impressed with the way he handled Katsidis and he is clearly far from been a bum, his game plan was very effective and clearly they watched the Guerrero as that is the blue print for shutting out Katsidis. It maybe was a bit closer than they had it but not by much, im amazed Burns aint moved up sooner he will do well in this division without doubt, i do though think Kats looked weaker than normal and was visibly frustrated with his lack of success he also looked a bit less pumped than he did against Mitchell but he put his heart and soul into knocking Burns out and never looked like doing it credit to burns has to be given for beating a monster like Kats, it was by no means an unfair fight.

Comment

I scored the fight a draw. But I must say Katsidis looked far from his old self. His movement was sluggish and his punches were sloppy and unprecise, lacked sharpness. He did manage to land two or three good combinations, but he had problems penetrating Bums' defence. And btw, FUK BURNS/BUMS! That ugly bum had a great height and reach advantage, it was an unfair fight, a mismatch! All he had to do was stretch his arms to hit Katsidis and then lay against the ropes and cover his face up like a bitx. Unfair fight. But Katsidis is obviously on the slide, remember last year when he destroyed Mitchell in 3 rounds?? This was just a shell of that Katsidis.
                      much as i like katsidis no way he came close to even a draw.
                      your comment about it being a mismatch in favour of burns is a bit odd considering you think katsidis got at least a draw

Comment

Working...
                      X