Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can Pac do to counter JMM's strategy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
    Marquez is 39 years old. Pacquiao needs to just go to war with him.

This is what Katsidis did, and Marquez was on his ass. Now, Katsidis did end up getting knocked out, but he's smaller, doesn't hit so hard, and has next-to-no defensive movement.

Pacquiao just needs to make this a high pressure fight, no more letting Marquez work at 35 shots a round - if Pacquiao can make Marquez work at 50+ shots a round, he'll be spent by the later rounds. He felt the pace in the 3rd fight, is carrying more muscle, and will simply wilt under a combination of the power, pace, and pressure Pacquiao can put on him. Something like what Pacquiao did to Bradley rounds 2-6.

If you are in a fighters face, not letting up, and you also use a bit of defense to make them miss, you can really force a fighter to work way harder than he's used to. Rios Alvarado - Rios was forcing Alvarado to work at 100+ shots a round, because Rios was working pretty well defensively (occasional lapses aside) and Alvarado was forced to work at that rate to be competitive.

Pacquiao _can_ do this to Marquez, because Marquez is not the hardest guy to hit if you are close to him. However, this needs the desire and will of a younger Pacquiao and politician Pacquiao simply might not fancy it.
    That's what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by woopwoop View Post
      @ 3:37 is the perfect example of what i'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk3HLOfPEyQ

Marquez found a way to hide from Manny's left hand during his survival mode in the first round of their first fight and have been applying it ever since,

Marquez is a great boxer, but he is not a master boxer some people or his die hard fans perceived him to be, he just found a way to hide from Manny's left. that is why Shot to pieces Barrera Knock him down, many fans thinks shot Barrera won that fight. i think prime Barrera beats him.

mediocre Katsidis knock him down as well, Juan Diaz who is known to be feather fisted bullied and wobbled him.

and Floyd toyed with him, and spare me the wt advantage BS. Floyd did not even take advantage of his size advantage (scared to take risk), if he did he would have KOed Marquez, he just boxed his ears off.

why did Marquez had a hard time with these fighters? because they are all orthodox, there is no southpaw stance that he can use to "hide".

Comment

Pacquiao had his best moments when he was just attacking recklessly and Marquez had no chance to time him or predict him. When Pacquiao slowed down to Marquez's pace, it let Marquez settle into his rythme of counter punching and timing Pacquiao's in and outs. At this age, I'm not sure Pacquiao can be his old, wild, reckless self. I think Pacquiao has decided he wants to box moreso than bang when possible and that won't favor him against Marquez.
        My only suggestion is attack, attack, attack. Don't let up or give Marquez a chance to settle in to his rythme. Other than that, I don't see Pac having much better luck when we've already seen how he deals with Marquez's style when he settles down...

Comment

Working...
        X