Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
    I agree with you.

As an addition, though, I do think that Canelo should have tried to drown Shane with activity.

I hate when a young guy has an older fighter in front of him and does NOT set a pace that the old guy can't keep.

Pascal-Hopkins
    Dawson-Hopkins
    Canelo-Mosley
    Etc...
    Yea but if Canelo gets caught and hurt, then we are all sitting here and saying he still isn't ready etc, etc....

You have to understand that Canelo is walking on a ledge. One mistake and he's done as a super star. Boxing unfortunately is that way, if he has one bad showing, or gets beat, his future is in serious question.

I think he understands this and didn't want to take any risks against a very hard puncher like Mosley. Mosley hit him with a right hand in the 12th round that stunned Canelo IMO. He didn't show it much but you could see he stopped throwing for a while.

Canelo after the fight said Mosley is one of the hardest punchers he's ever faced.

Comment

• Still a big fan! We have to destroy the modern mindset that once fighters lose they are done. This is creating unusually high expectations from the fighter's perspective, where upon taking a loss they are bombarded with negativity. We are destroying our fighters by not backing them unconditionally, this helps them overcome their loss and work on their flaws.

PR's are especially horrid in this regard. I am disgusted by the general disdain for Cotto and calls for his retirement from Puertoricans even though he put up a valiant effort and would have given anyone hell on Saturday night. You have to bring two bags to this game, only one can win, and anyone can lose. It's part of the game. Losing should not be the end, of course when fighters are getting beat up constantly (like Mosley who should have retired) and have clearly lost more than just a step the argument becomes valid.

Keep on truckin' Cotto! You made this fan proud!

Comment

• id love to see him in with

canelo
        kirkland
        bunredge

Comment

• cotto only has 1 loss ? lol so getting whooped by Pacquiao at a weight he agreed to and fighting at 146 lbs just before the Pacquiao fight against clottey makes him drained? lol some of yal are ******ed. i could understand the margarito fight but Pac? lol always get discredited

Comment

• I was always big on Cotto and I think that he showed why he's been one of the best fighters of the past decade.

He really fought well and made a lot of fans proud.

Comment

• Cotto fan here too but he won no more than 3 rounds.

Top effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by dde91 View Post
                cotto only has 1 loss ? lol so getting whooped by Pacquiao at a weight he agreed to and fighting at 146 lbs just before the Pacquiao fight against clottey makes him drained? lol some of yal are ******ed. i could understand the margarito fight but Pac? lol always get discredited
                let it go thats his opinion and you aint gone change it.......................

Comment

• Yeah Maywather controlled the fight pretty easily.

Comment

• Difference in power between 8oz and 10oz gloves?

Anyone with experience able to comment on how much difference those 2oz make? Would the Mayweather Cotto fight have gone down differently if they were in 8s? Specifically I'm thinking of all those right hooks hitting Cotto clean to the face, and then obviously the final round. Would there have been substantially more damage, a KO, or is the difference negligible? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      Cotto fan here too but he won no more than 3 rounds.

Top effort.
                      Thats how i see it.Cotto for me only won 3 rounds and put in a terrific effort

Comment

Working...
                      X