Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Making It Wrong: BBBofC Fails As Haye-Chisora Hype Thrives

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Making It Wrong: BBBofC Fails As Haye-Chisora Hype Thrives

By Alexey Sukachev

While a number of fans and some experts keep lamenting over an inevitable death of the sport, veteran promoter Frank Warren plans to stage one of the most appealing heavyweight fights in recent memory – not just domestically, but worldwide.

Warren - the only active British promoter enshrined in the International Boxing Hall of Fame – put the wheels in motion for a highly anticipated grudge match between hated rivals David Haye and Dereck Chisora. The bout is set to take place on July 14, though required the blessing of the Luxemborg Boxing Federation since neither fighter currently holds a British boxing license.

The decision by the LBF came despite a statement issued by the British Boxing Board of Control - the sole controller of U.K. prizefighting - wholly dedicated to condemnation of such fight. Included in the statement was the promise of future bans of all the involved parties from fighting at home and the refusal to sanction it under the local rules and regulations.

The question arises: who’s got it right? [Click Here To Read More]

good article

I like Haye, he is perfect for the heavyweight division.

Comment

This article says no one is interested in watching the Klit's box under skilled and poor opponents anymore.

Hold on who did these boxers lose to in their last fights?

Comment

Biggest load of drivel I've ever read. couldn't even get to the bottom of the article.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrandall View Post
          Biggest load of drivel I've ever read. couldn't even get to the bottom of the article.
          did you even manage half of it? i sure as hell didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
            did you even manage half of it? i sure as hell didn't.
            To be fair to the author,I went back and read2nd half. It doesn't improve.in fact it gets worse. you've not missed out

Comment

That is easily one of the worst columns that I've read in quite some time. All of those paragraphs, yet he still missed the key points in the argument for those who are against the fight.

Comment

the author is affiliated to a bunch of eastern european boxing organisations. probably all of which are friendly to warren. i dont think there is much objectivity here. for this many words - it doesnt really make a lot of sense.

Comment

Working...
                X