No announcement yet.

Kellerman Explains Postfight Skirmish With Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kellerman Explains Postfight Skirmish With Floyd

In a phoner, Kellerman offered his take.

When Mosley came over, and then Hopkins started talking, was when "I felt it started to get out of control," he told TSS.

HBO was ready for such an eventuality, as Kellerman and producers were aware that with Floyd's fightweek barbs and refusal to step on HBO's unofficial scale, the fighter was not feeling a great deal of fondness for Team HBO. "There was a sensitivity to it getting out of control in the ring," he allowed.

Kellerman, in talking to me, was surprisingly self-critical of his handling of the interview. "Floyd's perception is 'This guy won't let me talk' and on replay I can see what he means," he said. "It's not like he wasn't justified."

But, Max said, once Mayweather took the mike from him, he felt he had no choice but to push the auto-eject button. "What am I supposed to do? The announcer has to at least have the mic."

For FULL Article go to >>>

http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxin...kirmish-floyd/

This is good stuff

Last edited by Jiddu Dali; 09-24-2009, 02:45 PM.

You dont tug on Supermans Cape....You dont **** with Max Kellerman's mic!

End of Story.

Comment

there are alot of repeat threads here, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
        there are alot of repeat threads here, huh?
        damn i didnt know this was a thread already..my bad

Comment

It's possible that the majority of posters here, along with Max Kellerman, are so traumatized by all of Manny's "Common English Phrases For New York Taxi Drivers" post-fight interviews, they just don't know how to handle it when someone actually has something to say, in more than fractured sentences.

Max Kellerman is not even respected within HBO, according to Thomas Hauser's book about how they tried to dump Larry Merchant. There is nothing legendary about his mic, or his skills... everyday, Max listens to House Of Pain records and sighs wistfully, wishing he could have been both a successful rapper, or a championship boxer.. instead, hes a poseur at all things he attempts. Boxing commentator especially!

Comment

Working...
          X