No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. Kelly Pavlik

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gennady Golovkin vs. Kelly Pavlik

Golovkin is surging, but needs a big name win.

Pavlik is trying to nail down quality wins to secure the title shot.

Both guys bring power and excitment.

You know it will be a great fight.

Make it happen.

Pavlik by KO in 8

Very unlikely to happen now that Kelly is campaigning at Super-Middle; however if they do fight I could foresee GGG slicing Kelly to ribbons.

Remember Sergio had Pavlik looking like a bloody mess after landing cleanly midway through their fight.

Comment

Pavlik is done.

Leave him be, he's happy fighting guys they found at the state fair

Comment

I'd pick Golovkin over any middleweight and I'm a huge fan of Martinez.

The dude has good ring generalship, great balance and of course devestating power.

Also seems to have a calmness about him when he fights.

I'll pick Martinez over Chavez but GGG is a beast, and i think as good as Ward is GGG will have 12 rounds to land one punch, with his calmness and the way he patiently puts punches together and goes to the body he will achieve this.

Interesting to hear Kellerman talk about Golovkin wanting Mayweather at 154, Golovkin is about to become something special.

Troll away if you don't agree.

Comment

This is the fight that came to mind last night after hearing he'd face anybody from jrmw-168 I think he said... Kelly would be perfect for exposure & a good solid test for him also give him a chance to put his name out to the American fans. If Kelly comes in motivated & trains hard. With his reach & power he beat him IMO.

Comment

Golovkin would win this fight relatively comfortably IMO. Pavlik is nowhere near what he was.

Comment

If the odds were good, I'd bet on Golovkin by stoppage. Pavlik seems to be on his last leg, and I'm not sure if he could keep up at this point with someone as relentless and methodical as Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
              X