Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone else noticed Shane Mosley slurring his words?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the fact that Jin left him broke is the reason he is still fighting. I think we might be seeing the second coming of recent times Roy Jones. I really hope it isn't so

Comment

Slurring? Shane looks like he's asleep 24 hours a day. The guy is punchier than he even seems.

Comment

Yeah.. but he's 40 and been in a few brawls. Berto on the other hand is 28 and is far worse iMO, he even pauses and blinks randomly.

Comment

Canelo beat the sense out him so I'm not surprised at all. He was eating those punches like candy trying to prove some point.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            the long standing rumor is that shane had contemplated a much earlier retirement until his ex wife // ex manager jin took him to the cleaners in a california divorce court

i heard she got half of everything and a percentage of what he earns down the road.
            she also got one of his championship belts, to add insult to injury, but the word is that it's eventually going to one of his kids
            Half of whatever was left must still have been pretty good though, no?

Re slurring of speech. Yeah, he's been like that for a while.

Boxers being punch-drunk is one of those things that we as fans struggle to confront. We want wars and these guys to put their bodies on the lines, but we also have to accept that it's ****ing damaging as hell.

One of the thing that infuriates me the post is when people make fun of someone like, say, Toney, of how he makes no sense, he's punch-drunk.

Mother****ers, do you know why he's like that?

This is the price they pay to do what we love to watch.

Comment

people have been mentioning it for years. so, yes.

Comment

Yep, thats why it was so painful watching him take all those punches from Canelo. The sad fact of the matter is a lot of boxers are running the chances of brain damage down the road when they compete in as many fights as he has.

Side note: Is anyone else just utterly amazed that LaMotta is in as good of shape as he is at 90? I mean seriously 100+ fights, in some wars, never took great care of himself, and he's the one doing comedy shows. Boggles my mind. Congrats to him, makes me smile, but I still don't understand it.

Comment

yeah but hasn't reached RJJ level yet. Or has it?

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                    Yep, thats why it was so painful watching him take all those punches from Canelo. The sad fact of the matter is a lot of boxers are running the chances of brain damage down the road when they compete in as many fights as he has.

Side note: Is anyone else just utterly amazed that LaMotta is in as good of shape as he is at 90? I mean seriously 100+ fights, in some wars, never took great care of himself, and he's the one doing comedy shows. Boggles my mind. Congrats to him, makes me smile, but I still don't understand it.
                    Genetic. Looked at Hagler and Chuvalo.

Speech looked ok to me.

The fast hand/feet athlete tends to have worst brain damage.
                    RJJ, Wilfredo Benitez, Meldrick Taylor, Ali.....maybe I am choosing the data selectively.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                      Genetic. Looked at Hagler and Chuvalo.

Speech looked ok to me.

The fast hand/feet athlete tends to have worst brain damage.
                      RJJ, Wilfredo Benitez, Meldrick Taylor, Ali.....maybe I am choosing the data selectively.
                      I agree genetics play a huge role, its just really interesting. Makes you wonder if Ali never fought, would he still have maybe developed parkinson? My grandma had parkinsons and it made me believe if I ever did become a boxer there would be a much bigger chance I'd develop it. It's just interesting to see how some people smoke and drink and live forever and some people have a heart attack at 50. Makes you wonder. But I dont want to take away from the OP's theme. Yeah, Shane's had problems for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X