Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think of buying console. Which is best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
    im with ya bro.... my nes, genesis (was kinda suspect), ps1 and n64 are all SOLID...

i mean, sure we had to blow on the games to get them to work in the NES but at least it was operable....
    Or the moist Q-tip trick. Isn't it amazing, back in the day we were able to fix our consoles with our own breath and some cotton, no we have to send it back to the manufacturers to get it fixed.

Comment

Dear TS,

This just in...

Xbox 360 Failure Rate is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds

The Xbox 360 breaks five times as often as its closest failure-prone competitor, the PlayStation 3, a print edition-only Game Informer survey found.

The poorly manufactured, red ring of death-prone console has a 54.2 percent failure rate, compared to 10.6 percent for the PS3 and the Wii's 6.8 percent.

The magazine surveyed nearly 5,000 readers to get the data. And while the 360's rate is alarmingly higher than the others, it's still bafflingly low because it blows the mind to imagine that 45.8 percent of the consoles have not broken. Also, Microsoft's numbers are inflated because 360s are used the most of the three consoles. Results said 40.3 percent of 360 owners use the console three to five hours a day, compared to 37 percent of PS3 owners. Meanwhile, the plurality of Wii owners (41.4 percent) play their consoles less than an hour a day.

Microsoft also seized the gold medal for unhelpful customer service, taking nearly a month to repair or replace a console, while Nintendo and Sony stuck closer to a week. Only 37.7 percent of Microsoft customers found the company's customer service was "very helpful," compared to 51.1 percent fo Sony and 56.1 percent for Nintendo.

The most shocking number from the survey — and frightening from a consumer perspective — is only 3.8 percent of Xbox 360 owners said they'd never buy another Xbox because of hardware failure.
      http://consumerist.com/5338852/xbox-...informer-finds

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post

Sorry but the writer doesn't seem very legit to me. We don't even know if game informer made that survey and if they really did do a survey he wouldn't be the first to publish the result.

Anybody can have a site and write whatever the hell he wants on the internet.

Edit: 5000 people isn't that much people.
        Last edited by Equilibrium; 08-17-2009, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
          Sorry but the writer doesn't seem very legit to me. We don't even know if game informer made that survey and if they really did do a survey he wouldn't be the first to publish the result.

Anybody can have a site and write whatever the hell he wants on the internet.

Edit: 5000 people isn't that much people.
          this is true... however 5000 people is still a decent amount... its not like they said they surveyed a hundred...

im just puttin the info out there for TS...

Comment

Okay, I'm not going to sit here like a ****kinng nerd and argue over what system is better. Plain in simple, IN MY OPINION, the Xbox 360 is a better system. And in my point of view people on live are better than people on PSN, just for the simple fact that I've heard so many little bitches complaining about how they suck on live EVEN when the own BOTH systems.

If I were you, I'D get a 360.

Sony is junk anyway, everything Sony I've bought, broke. Including numerous MP3 players and a Laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by NicoBLV View Post
              Okay, I'm not going to sit here like a ****kinng nerd and argue over what system is better. Plain in simple, IN MY OPINION, the Xbox 360 is a better system. And in my point of view people on live are better than people on PSN, just for the simple fact that I've heard so many little bitches complaining about how they suck on live EVEN when the own BOTH systems.
              Proof or it didn't happen, you are a fool.

Comment

Thank you so far. I am still in doubt which to buy. What I can read in thread this is how it is:

PS3 got better graphic - especially if you got HDTV
                Xbox 360 is cheaper
                PS3 is more reliable and does not break easy
                Xbox got better games and more games

Is this correct?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazard View Post
                  Thank you so far. I am still in doubt which to buy. What I can read in thread this is how it is:

Xbox 360 is cheaper

Is this correct?

Thanks.
                  I think we could agree on all points but the graphics point. The 360 supports hdmi output as well. And as far as the quality of the actual graphics, games that are on both ps3 and 360 tend to look slightly better on the 360, but the ps3 exclusives(Game that were developped specifically for the ps3) are usually a step ahead of 360 games in terms of graphics.

Look at footage from killzone 2 and metal gear solid 4, it looks insanely good.

I will insist that if you buy a 360 you buy a newer model with the jasper chip which is supposed to be more reliable. I bought one 2 weeks ago, and they tried to sell me the older model, i bitched until they brought me a system that was manifactured in 2009 and i bought it. If i couldn't have gotten a new 360 model, i was buying a ps3.
                  Last edited by Equilibrium; 08-17-2009, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazard View Post

Xbox 360 is cheaper

Is this correct?

Thanks.
                    It's all preference, some games people will love,other games people will hate. I for one loved Halo 3 (although a bit disappointed), some people hated it. It's all about what you like.

Comment

Graphics - PS3
                      Reliability - PS3
                      Future Exclusives - PS3
                      Online - 360 but you've go to pay
                      Wi-fi - Inbuilt on PS3, 360 got to pay
                      Hard drive - Every PS3 (+ you can upgrade to whatever size you want), Cheapest model of 360 dont have one
                      Blu-ray - PS3 yep, 360 nope
                      Internet Browser - PS3 yep, 360??? Have they added one yet?
                      Price - 360
                      Annoying yanks that won't shut the **** up - 360

I think its quite clear which is the better console.

Comment

Working...
                      X