No announcement yet.

am I wrong here??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am I wrong here??

I was watching Mathysse vs Olusegun and I said that Olusegun has some interesting tools that could have changed the outcome of the fight.

I said that , while Mathysse is not a one dimensional fighter , he has a very straight forward style very beatable. And I put Juan Manuel Marquez as an example. I said Marquez would outbox him and make him look bad.

Maybe not at this point in Marquez's career as he is older and has been through a lot of battles. But I believe a crafty technician and counter punched like Marquez would outclass him. And make it look easy.

I like Mathysse and I know he is a tough SOB and is pretty good. I just think style wise , he doesn't have much to adjust with. How else would he respond if he found himself getting picked apart?

So I got a whole crowd against me telling me that I'm wrong. Am I missing something? I'm going to be honest , I've seen like 4 Mathysse fights. But they are recent ones.

ive seen his fight against judah. and some old fights on youtube. i couldnt find his fights with alexander and soto on youtube.

Comment

Peterson has to box from the outside to win this fight, Matthysse might be straight forward, but he hits too hard to trade with him, you have to keep him off of you with the jab and throw a right hand somewhere in between to win rounds against him.

Comment

Matthysse remains underrated by a lot around here who, for some odd reason, consider him nothing more than a come forward power puncher with no dimension to his game. In reality, his defense is quite good, his actual technique is often ignored, and he's quite intelligent in his approach inside the ropes.

People will find out exactly how dangerous this guy is when he administers a brutal beating to Peterson tonight.

Comment

What's up with Olusegun, by the way?

I was impressed even in his defeat.

He was stopped, but he gave everything he had in that loss. Was a very good fight.

Comment

Olesugon isn't in JMM's caliber. You fail on your example.

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post
              Olesugon isn't in JMM's caliber. You fail on your example.
              Yeah , mmm....I never said that.

I said Olesugon has some interesting tools that could have changed the outcome.

And , that a fighter like JMM would EASILY would have done it.

See the difference ?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Matthysse remains underrated by a lot around here who, for some odd reason, consider him nothing more than a come forward power puncher with no dimension to his game. In reality, his defense is quite good, his actual technique is often ignored, and he's quite intelligent in his approach inside the ropes.

People will find out exactly how dangerous this guy is when he administers a brutal beating to Peterson tonight.
                I know he is dangerous , I know he is powerful and a beast. I still think he gets outboxed easily by a guy like JMM. Every other style he beats.

There aren't many JMMs out there , not even close. But I think a defensive fighter/counter puncher would be all wrong for him. And then we will see how limited he is.

I saw a guy who comes straight forward , didn't really know how to cut off the ring and Olusegun wasn't even boxing , they were trading for the most part.

He would get outboxed. I guess its just a lack of talent in the division. Reminds me of when Hatton was campaigning at 140.

Comment

Comment

Mathysse is a real fighter, unlike Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                    X