No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sturm Sets Aside November 26 For Macklin Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sturm Sets Aside November 26 For Macklin Rematch

Felix Sturm has announced that he has set a provisional date of Saturday the 26 of November aside for a rematch with Matthew Macklin, who was widely adjudge to have earned the nod over the WBA middleweight boss during their FOTY candiate on June 25.

[Click Here To Read More]

Credit to Sturm for living up to his promise. I hope Mac is ready instead of going for Martinez.

Their first fight was sensational will the encore be just as good or will Sturm take better advantage of his superiour yet seemingly forgotten jab?

Comment

Macklin has tons of heart, but Sturm and his coaches know how to win this properly, LET YOUR HANDS GO. Sturm's skills are way above Macklin's, inactivity is the only thing holding him back.

Comment

If I were Macklin I would take whichever fight (Sturm or Martinez) pays more. The rematch with Sturm would be in Germany. IMO Macklin can't fight much better than he did the first time around and Sturm will step back and pump the jab all night in the rematch and win a decision (this time deserved). Macklin might make a bigger name for himself fighting Martinez, especially coming off what most people thought was a win vs. Sturm last month

Comment

I scored the fight a draw, but I had Macklin up 6 rounds to 3 after the 9th.

Sturm came on and fought well in the later rounds.

There definitely should be a rematch. Sturm can win because he has better skills, but he needs to throw more in the earlier rounds.

Comment

Even thought I thought Macklin beat Sturm by a wide margin, I just don't see him being able to pull it off again. Sturm definitely did not give it his all while Macklin did. I could see Macklin being KO'd this time if Sturm actually tries.

Comment

Great news! There must be a rematch. Respect to both fighters!

Comment

Originally posted by giacomino View Post
                If I were Macklin I would take whichever fight (Sturm or Martinez) pays more. The rematch with Sturm would be in Germany. IMO Macklin can't fight much better than he did the first time around and Sturm will step back and pump the jab all night in the rematch and win a decision (this time deserved). Macklin might make a bigger name for himself fighting Martinez, especially coming off what most people thought was a win vs. Sturm last month
                The Sturm fight will earn him more, Euros.

Comment

I think Macklin won but I really don't understand how that was a FOTY candidate.

Comment

Props to Felix for this. This isnt what you would expect for a safe European stay at home fighter. what a sportsman!

Comment

Working...
                    X