No announcement yet.

Why is it that certain religions people make fun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Why is it that certain religions people make fun

......of other religions like there's no way that can happen or be real? I was just in my religion class and this one guy started talking about how Xenu in scientology had to do aliens or something and calling people who believe in this "stupid". Kinda stumped me how someone with ash on his forehead could say something like that

Yea, it's funny because you hear stories about Mormons and their magical underwear and distant planet where they are going to go and came from.

Christians find that hilarious but I guess believing in people living in whales for 3 days, man created from dust and woman from a rib and a magical talking snake is completely plausible.

Comment

Because they hold a different theistic view. Polytheist worship other religion's gods.

Comment

Scientology is just a money making scheme. Because it was invented in recent times everyone can see this.

What they don't understand is all religion is basically the same thing. Stuff conjured up by either a crazy person or a group of people looking to make money.
        There's 100s of religions out there yet people seriously believe their belief is the one that's not a scam.

Well whooptiedoo.. you were fortunate enough to be born into the correct religion by chance.

Comment

Thats faith for you.

Through indoctrination they are almost programmed to not only believe, but to also not critique their faith. So in their eyes its simply the truth, and all other faiths, especially non-Abrahamic religions, seem ridiculous.

They cant see the forest for the trees.

Comment

It is fanboyism.

Something akin to a DC vs Marvel discussion done by teenaged boys and geeks.

Comment

Marvel>>>>>>>>D.C.

Now what, you smelly pirate hooker.

Comment

because my God is better than yours

Comment

I once listened to a young muslim woman on a bus loudly proclaim (to a bunch of christians in their Sunday bests) that Judaism was "stupid" because they are "praying to a wall".

Comment

People make fun of that Ancient Aliens show, but they are only doing what religious people have been doing forever (claiming god played a part in everything that is unknown) they just switched "god" to "aliens"

Comment

Working...
                    X