Khan hiring Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan hiring Steward?

Khan hints at Roach split "in a weeks time"

Amir Khan dropped the biggest hint yet in a television interview saying that Manny Steward was on his radar and that in just a week's time, he will likely be with someone else.

The interview would be considered as lacking respect for his current trainer Roach and people may say Khan should really be discussing the scenario privately with his team. The comments are either a thinly veiled swipe at his trainer - or a genuine plan in motion.

"I've had so many trainers approach me in the past week but Steward is the main one who's approached me," bragged Khan.

"Many trainers have said they can make me into a big, unbeatable fighter. It's all about taking my time on this, it's a big decision to make. I'm still with Freddie at the moment, but in a week's time things might change."

Amir, who was knocked out by Danny Garcia last month still regards himself as an unbeatable force:-

"I think I'm one of the best offensive fighters in the world." he said.

"I just need to work on my defence. I really think to be one of the leading fighters, you need to have both. There are going to be a lot of things I'm going to change, but you will see a new Amir Khan.

"I wanted the rematch with Danny Garcia, but he didn't want to fight me, he's now fighting Erik Morales," he said.

"Hopefully I can fight the winner of that - I want to stay busy, get a fight in December, then a rematch against Garcia."
    http://www.livefight.com/news.php?ne...04&y=2012&m=08

slowpoke.jpg

Steward denied he ever approached Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      slowpoke.jpg

Steward denied he ever approached Khan.

Comment

apols guys, didn't realise this was an old story.

It's interesting Steward didn't rule it out though. I think Khan is wrong to chase a Garcia rematch, that can wait. He should re-establish himself first before taking on any big hitters.

Comment

Khan needs to learn to use his height and reach and throw more conservative punches.The jab should be his best friend while fighting off the back foot and then BOOM!!! he can drop that right hand hammer with full leverage.

Comment

I still can't get over Khan trying to lead with an uppercut..............lol

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
              I still can't get over Khan trying to lead with an uppercut..............lol
              and still considers himself one of the best offensive fighters in the world

Whoever his new trainer is, hopefully, he drills into Amir's head that having fast hands does not mean skills

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                and still considers himself one of the best offensive fighters in the world

Whoever his new trainer is, hopefully, he drills into Amir's head that having fast hands does not mean skills
                You can't deny he lands a lot of punches, that's pretty good offense in anyone's book.

It's a shame about his chin weakness, he's going to have to become a less exciting fighter if he wants to succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  You can't deny he lands a lot of punches, that's pretty good offense in anyone's book.

It's a shame about his chin weakness, he's going to have to become a less exciting fighter if he wants to succeed.
                  His accuracy isn't that great. I remember Danny picking off his offense

Comment

Man needs to work on his technique and stop throwing pointless punches.look at these sloppy punches

Comment

Working...
                    X