Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bring Back Mean Manny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If mean manny doesn't show up on sat, (the one who showed no mercy to morales, hatton, cotto, and de lahoya) then he's clearly shot. He should just retire and go focus on being a fulltime congressmen. Because people shouldn't have to pay 60 dollars believeing he's still that same monster when isn't anymore.

Hope and pray that old flame reignites again and save that money mega fight buzz we all are dying to see.

Comment

Originally posted by migaledut View Post
      I don't know who wrote this article but the smoke and bs coming from pacquiao's followers at this point is getting ridiculous. They don't get that the fact that in his last 3 fights pacquiao has gotten opponents who know how to move against him effectively in order to nullify him is why he's looked so different from before. And two of them were very limited (an old/not nearly top form shane mosley and a powerless/ankle hurt bradley). I hope the great JMM puts a beating on that a** come saturday!
      All of this. People (mainly people that don't know dick about boxing) want the other fighter to stand there and get hit. I like brawlers a lot in boxing but I also like to see people slip punches and counter.

Comment

That was mean Manny in the first fight in 2004, and what should have been an amazing first round TKO became the choke of the decade. Give Marquez the credit he deserves.

Comment

LMAO at some of the comments on here..pure opinions presented as fact. If you don't particularly like/or love Oranges and one got into a fight with an apple (which you loathe because he's just not your kinda fruit) and it's a close fight you'll side with the oranges and vice versa. Want an honest opinion about who won those three fights? Find someone who doesn't watch boxing religiously and isn't a fan of either guy, sit them down for all 108 minutes of the trilogy thus far, at the end of each 36 minute segment ask them who won part 1, etc. That's about the only way you'll an honest general opinion of who won what. Anyone who even bothers to register for a forum to discuss boxing has at least one boxer they'll oppose praising and one they'll praise to death. With that said anytime I read "I think he won this" or "I know he lost" because I expect the reasoning to always be some sort of pre-conceived liking about the fighter or the sport itself. A brawler will always side with a brawler and a technician will always side with the technician.
          Last edited by turnedup; 12-07-2012, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            LMAO at some of the comments on here..pure opinions presented as fact. If you don't particularly like/or love Oranges and one got into a fight with an apple (which you loathe because he's just not your kinda fruit) and it's a close fight you'll side with the oranges and vice versa. Want an honest opinion about who won those three fights? Find someone who doesn't watch boxing religiously and isn't a fan of either guy, sit them down for all 108 minutes of the trilogy thus far, at the end of each 36 minute segment ask them who won part 1, etc. That's about the only way you'll an honest general opinion of who won what. Anyone who even bothers to register for a forum to discuss boxing has at least one boxer they'll oppose praising and one they'll praise to death.
            Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
              I respect this post to the fullest, but just disagree. Its not about Manny being mean or relentless, its about how his opponent chooses to fight him. Manny is an absolute beast when his opponents stand directly in front of him. That's when you see how gifted he is with his hand and foot speed. But when fighters like Marquez and Bradley get in the ring with him, they are not there to hit, plus they know how to counter him. This takes the aggression out of Manny because he now has to worry about what's coming back at him. It also forces him to have to think and go to a plan B. Manny has no plan B. No matter what his fans think, he is a 1 dimensional fighter. He's a great 1 dimensional fighter...but still 1 dimensional. When his fans think that he let off the gas in the later rounds against Bradley, I think they are either dillusional or just don't have a good understanding of boxing. They don't follow the sport enough to know that missing a lot of punches, as he did against Bradley, wears a fighter down. They fail to realize that the body shots that Bradley was landing were truly effective and that's why he lost the last few rounds. That is why he couldn't step on the gas and go for the KO.

Marquez is the ultimate boxer. He doesn't have great footspeed but he knows how to step to Manny's right and keep him turning. Manny is less effective when that happens and that was proven with Bradley and Mosley as well. The truth of the matter is, Manny will destroy guys that are flatfooted, slow, and lacks good defensive skills. He will punish the come forward aggressive style fighters. He's done it his whole career. But he has struggled against guys that are skilled and use movement. Do you ever notice before some fights he challenges guys to not "RUN" and stand and fight him? He always poster and tells his opponents to come at him during the fight. That's when he is most effective. Manny has the heart of a champion and can take a good shot. He's an extremely exciting fighter when his opponent allows him to be. But when he is forced to "BOX" he becomes an ordinary guy. So yes, bring back "mean Manny". He will still look ordinary against fighters with the skill and will of Marquez and Bradley. And believe me, at the end of the day, that is why him and Roach are in no hurry to have the rematch with Bradley. High risk low reward. If he gets by Marquez again, there is no doubt Rios will be next. That's because Rios has the style that is catered for him and make him seem invincible again.
              You should not put Bradley in the same sentence with Marquez. Pac with less effort still beat Bradley in one sided decision. Only the Floydiots keep bringing up this argument when Bradley himself needs to watch the fight again because he doubted himself about the win. If this didn't give you any clue then you should start watching aerobic from now on.
              Last edited by whirlwind; 12-07-2012, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
                You should not put Bradley in the same sentence with Marquez. Pac with less effort still beat Bradley in one sided decision. Only the Floydiots keep bringing up this argument when Bradley himself needs to watch the fight again because he doubted himself about the win. If this didn't giveyyou a clue then you start watching aerobic from now on.
                Bradley himself is sort of dancing around admitting it, look at the post on rios. He's talking about he need to fight me before even getting in the ring with pacquaio. I mean being realistic nobody in their right mind expect bradley to openly admit he lost a fight. When just about everyone even folks who don't like pacquaio (I.E. The Mayweather's) have said he got whopped.

Comment

I respect this post to the fullest, but just disagree. Its not about Manny being mean or relentless, its about how his opponent chooses to fight him. Manny is an absolute beast when his opponents stand directly in front of him. That's when you see how gifted he is with his hand and foot speed. But when fighters like Marquez and Bradley get in the ring with him, they are not there to hit, plus they know how to counter him. This takes the aggression out of Manny because he now has to worry about what's coming back at him. It also forces him to have to think and go to a plan B. Manny has no plan B. No matter what his fans think, he is a 1 dimensional fighter. He's a great 1 dimensional fighter...but still 1 dimensional. When his fans think that he let off the gas in the later rounds against Bradley, I think they are either dillusional or just don't have a good understanding of boxing. They don't follow the sport enough to know that missing a lot of punches, as he did against Bradley, wears a fighter down. They fail to realize that the body shots that Bradley was landing were truly effective and that's why he lost the last few rounds. That is why he couldn't step on the gas and go for the KO.

Marquez is the ultimate boxer. He doesn't have great footspeed but he knows how to step to Manny's right and keep him turning. Manny is less effective when that happens and that was proven with Bradley and Mosley as well. The truth of the matter is, Manny will destroy guys that are flatfooted, slow, and lacks good defensive skills. He will punish the come forward aggressive style fighters. He's done it his whole career. But he has struggled against guys that are skilled and use movement. Do you ever notice before some fights he challenges guys to not "RUN" and stand and fight him? He always poster and tells his opponents to come at him during the fight. That's when he is most effective. Manny has the heart of a champion and can take a good shot. He's an extremely exciting fighter when his opponent allows him to be. But when he is forced to "BOX" he becomes an ordinary guy. So yes, bring back "mean Manny". He will still look ordinary against fighters with the skill and will of Marquez and Bradley. And believe me, at the end of the day, that is why him and Roach are in no hurry to have the rematch with Bradley. High risk low reward. If he gets by Marquez again, there is no doubt Rios will be next. That's because Rios has the style that is catered for him and make him seem invincible again.
                  Great Post. Kind of long for my taste, much rather the shorter version. Great point Sir.

Comment

His reaction to the bradley lose was perfectly in character, he was the same cool calm dude after the morales loss years before.

Comment

He will still look ordinary against fighters with the skill and will of Marquez and Bradley. And believe me, at the end of the day, that is why him and Roach are in no hurry to have the rematch with Bradley. High risk low reward. If he gets by Marquez again, there is no doubt Rios will be next. That's because Rios has the style that is catered for him and make him seem invincible again.
                      I'm sorry bro but you've lost your god damned mind..Bradley high risk? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO

gasp......gasp..gasp....

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO

The only risk in fighting Bradley is selling ppv's..that's an easy payday a second time for Manny..the public will not pay for a rematch in droves.

Comment

Working...
                      X