Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wasn't Amir Khan protected as much as other fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
    Khan's CV is a mix of decent fighters and not so good ones. He could of took easier fights..he could of took harder fights at times.
    Madania seems to get dissed these days but at the time 90% of this forum was saying Khan wouldn't dare face him. Khans fought in DC when he didn't have to.
    I have no doubt his promoters picked fights such as Garcia and Peterson fully expecting him to win but if you want to see a protected fighter(s) there is bigger ones out there..Alvarez and Cleverly for example.
    It's all well and good being a hindsight expert now and calling Maidana a ''zombie'' and ''no skilled plodder'' but at the time Maidana was supposed to KILL Khan.

Comment

Lets just clear one thing up.

There is no such thing as a lucky punch. You throw a punch with the intention of hitting someone; if you hit them then you did what you intended to do, there is no luck involved.

It would be lucky if you tripped over your shoe lace, put your hands out in front of yourself to stop your fall and you connect on someones jaw and KO them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
        Lets just clear one thing up.

There is no such thing as a lucky punch. You throw a punch with the intention of hitting someone; if you hit them then you did what you intended to do, there is no luck involved.

It would be lucky if you tripped over your shoe lace, put your hands out in front of yourself to stop your fall and you connect on someones jaw and KO them.
        This.

This squared!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          It's all well and good being a hindsight expert now and calling Maidana a ''zombie'' and ''no skilled plodder'' but at the time Maidana was supposed to KILL Khan.
          And he almost did. Roach admitted he was on the verge of throwing the towel in the 10th round.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
            Yes mate i agree :ANYWORD:. That was a hard fight for Khan that everyone said he wouldn't take, but he stepped up and took the fight.
            Last edited by Chrismart; 10-08-2012, 10:21 AM.

Comment

When you say "protected" about Khan, I also consider the fact that he is fighting at 140 as "protection".

The guy's body is CLEARLY welterweight-ready. But GBP feels Khan would get mauled at 147...I guess.

Frankly, I feel that Mayweather's left hooks would demolish Khan quickly. And Floyd is not a big puncher at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                And he almost did. Roach admitted he was on the verge of throwing the towel in the 10th round.
                No one gives a flying **** if he ''almost'' did. Chavez Jr ''almost'' knocked Martinez out. But he didn't. Almost's dont work in Boxing, it's either you did or you didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
                  Yes mate i agree :ANYWORD:. That was a hard fight for Khan that everyone said he wouldn't take, but he stepped up and took the fight.
                  Yep mate. That wasn't directed at you, just seen many a hindsight expert on this forum try to discredit Khan for that win over Maidana. I myself at the time thought Maidana was gonna knock Khan out.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    oh. hi paulie. yeah you can box.........against bums. against good fighters not really and you have no power that's why you were chosen to be sacrificed.
                    I got hand problems damn it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                      No one gives a flying **** if he ''almost'' did. Chavez Jr ''almost'' knocked Martinez out. But he didn't. Almost's dont work in Boxing, it's either you did or you didn't.
                      Alright but don't act like those who predicted Maidana would kill Khan were on crack. They weren't far off the mark.

Comment

Working...
                      X