No announcement yet.

Best boxers of the 1930's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best boxers of the 1930's?

The 1930's were one of the golden ages of boxing. The decade was rammed with boxing legends. I was bored and tried to put together a top 10 list of that eras boxers, I've sure it's flawed and I've left out someone deserving, but here goes:

1. Henry Armstrong
    2. Barney Ross
    3. Joe Louis
    4. Tony Canzoneri
    5. Billy Conn
    6. Maxie Rosenbloom
    7. Jimmy McLarnin
    8. Benny Lynch
    9. Kid Chocolate
    10.Panama Al Brown

Solid, solid list, brother.

Comment

Good list, don't think I could order them but too add some names, John Henry Lewis and Freddie Miller could surely squeeze in the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
        The 1930's were one of the golden ages of boxing. The decade was rammed with boxing legends. I was bored and tried to put together a top 10 list of that eras boxers, I've sure it's flawed and I've left out someone deserving, but here goes:

1. Henry Armstrong
        2. Barney Ross
        3. Joe Louis
        4. Tony Canzoneri
        5. Billy Conn
        6. Maxie Rosenbloom
        7. Jimmy McLarnin
        8. Benny Lynch
        9. Kid Chocolate
        10.Panama Al Brown
        Some fighters who made the era a great one for the hard core,,, Jack Kid Berg,, Lou Ambers,,,, Freddie Steele, Fidel La Barba,, Ron Richards, Fred Henneberry, Young Corbett III, Tommy Loughran (who would be somewhere in my Top 10), Sixto Escobar, Billy Petrolle, Baby Arizmendi, Benny Lynch (one of my favourites), among many others, it was an era of Characters like Slapsie Maxie,, and Maxie Baer,, and of course Two Ton Tony Galento, it was also the decade where a young Ray Robinson learned the trade... old school

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
          Some fighters who made the era a great one for the hard core,,, Jack Kid Berg,, Lou Ambers,,,, Freddie Steele, Fidel La Barba,, Ron Richards, Fred Henneberry, Young Corbett III, Tommy Loughran (who would be somewhere in my Top 10), Sixto Escobar, Billy Petrolle, Baby Arizmendi, Benny Lynch (one of my favourites), among many others, it was an era of Characters like Slapsie Maxie,, and Maxie Baer,, and of course Two Ton Tony Galento, it was also the decade where a young Ray Robinson learned the trade... old school
          Loughran didn't do enough in the 30s to be in the top 10 imo, the best part of his work was done in the 20s.

Comment

Working...
          X