Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is floyd so overrated on these forums?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
    He picked Mosley which I gave him credit for.. But Ortiz... meh... And Floyd had been cointrolling his career since 2006.. And since 2006 the only respectable choice that he made (except for the money fights with Hatton and Oscar, which was an obvious choice) was Mosley.. Other than that, its been vacation, retirement, or a weak fighter that most boxing fans disapprove.. And you respect that...lol
    Im sorry man, but Im starting to see that U are one of those people who dislike Floyd because he's a jerk, cocky, azzhole, mean....U are biased towards Floyd..How can u hate Floyd for CHERRYPICKING Ortiz?...That was his best opponent, and he didnt have a tune up for Ortiz...he CALLED Ortiz a tune up...I mean thats some champion zhit...and when the rumors where out that he may fight Ortiz, u were running around saying, "No he will never fight Ortiz..he's too much of a risk"...then after the fight was announced, u were running around excited...now u find urself in an unwinnable debate, ur gonna lie about it?..LMAO..U cant win here man...I already broke it down...Floyd is just an amazing fighter and a solid champion all around...I know he's a jerk but u guys love it when he comes around...shid I do too my bro!

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
      Im sorry man, but Im starting to see that U are one of those people who dislike Floyd because he's a jerk, cocky, azzhole, mean....U are biased towards Floyd..How can u hate Floyd for CHERRYPICKING Ortiz?...That was his best opponent, and he didnt have a tune up for Ortiz...he CALLED Ortiz a tune up...I mean thats some champion zhit...and when the rumors where out that he may fight Ortiz, u were running around saying, "No he will never fight Ortiz..he's too much of a risk"...then after the fight was announced, u were running around excited...now u find urself in an unwinnable debate, ur gonna lie about it?..LMAO..U cant win here man...I already broke it down...Floyd is just an amazing fighter and a solid champion all around...I know he's a jerk but u guys love it when he comes around...shid I do too my bro!
      Really I said that.. Why dont you find me a quote...

Since 2006 he fought 6 times.. That's one a fight a year since 2006.. You take out Oscar and Hatton.. And you are left with Mosley, Ortiz, Judah and Baldo.. You leave Mosley out.. So that's only 3 respectable fights in 6 years.. That's not saying much... Does it???
      Last edited by mikemurni; 01-17-2012, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Really I said that.. Why dont you find me a quote...

Since 2006 he fought 6 times.. That's one a fight a year since 2006.. You take out Oscar and Hatton.. And you are left with Mosley, Ortiz, Judah and Baldo.. You leave Mosley out.. So that's only 3 respectable fights in 6 years.. That's not saying much... Does it???
        Ur making things too complicated..WAAY too complicated..Ur forgetting marquez btw, but that has nothing to do with my response..From what I know, Floyd has been his own boss for quite sometime now...he ONLY became his own boss right before the Oscar fight...but man, the fact that he CHERRYpicks great opponents is only ONE thing about him that makes him a solid champion...We've been debating for an hr now man...I think ur trying to say that he's not active enough?...Well thats his choice....fighters put their lives on the line...when u get to this age, its ur choice if u wanna fight once a yr cuz u've earned that...but just to make sure, I also think ur saying he fought some bad fights?...are u gonna break down every single detail of Mayweather?..Just accept the fact that he's the real deal...Pac is not built like Floyd...he's just like chavez...another hypejob

Comment

Originally posted by z0jo View Post
          Lets face it he almost gets knocked out by mosley, brings marquez up 2 weight classes to fight him and then looked like **** against ortiz. (stunned quite a few times in the fight and could probably have won if it wasnt for the fluke ko.)

A lot of people on this site need to get off his dick and stop overrating him, because he aint all that.
          I LOVE when people say he almost got KO'd by Mosley and looked like s**t against Ortiz, it's funny as hell.

He took 2 hard shots from Shane in the 2nd round and than came out to win every single round from then on, and dominated him. Yes, Manny knocked Shane down, but if you look at the punch stats, one could argue Floyd did actually better than Manny against Shane. So, taking 2 big punches is a sign that someone isn't that great??? Ali took big shots from Frazier, Foreman, and was almost KO'd by Ron Lyle in 75', does that mean Ali isn't all that??? Saying if a guy takes a couple big shots and gets stunned, so that makes him crappy,is just IGNORANT. If anything, taking those 2 big shots from Mosley, a guy with one punch KO power, showed us that Floyd can handle being rocked just fine and come back to win.

Now, lets get to the "looked like s**t against Ortiz". You could argue that maybe the first 2 rounds he wasn't on his game totally, but it was his first 2 rounds in 16 months and he STILL out punched Ortiz 24-13 in those 2 rounds.

1st round: Floyd out landed Victor 9-5.
          2nd round: Floyd out landed Victor 15-8.
          3rd round: Floyd out laned Victor 22-4.
          4th round: Floyd out landed Victor 27-9.

People overreact when Floyd is on the ropes once or twice in a round, where his opponent is throwing punches but only landed 2-3 punches most likely. For instance, when Victor headbutted Floyd, he only landed 2, maybe 3, clean punches in that flurry, missed like 3-4 in a row and tried to headbutt him.

The first 2 rounds, Floyd started sort of slow, similar to how he did against Mosley, but he still probably won those rounds. Yes, Ortiz got him on the ropes a few times, rabbit punched Floyd's head, but what did he land of any big significance??? Wehere as Floyd was hitting with right hands, jabs, and a few hooks here and there. The last 2 rounds, Floyd was whopping Victor pretty good. He out landed him 49-13 those last 2 rounds, and aside from about a total of 10 seconds or so in the 4th, Floyd was hitting Victor almost at will.

So, again.....how did Floyd look like s**t??? His defense was still sharp, he was even out working Ortiz, and he completely nullified Ortiz' offensive attack, which is one of the most explsoive in boxing. And yes, he fought a young-prime fighter, coming off big wins (one over Berto) and a draw he should have won over Peterson.
          Last edited by 4Corners; 01-17-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Ur making things too complicated..WAAY too complicated..Ur forgetting marquez btw, but that has nothing to do with my response..From what I know, Floyd has been his own boss for quite sometime now...he ONLY became his own boss right before the Oscar fight...but man, the fact that he CHERRYpicks great opponents is only ONE thing about him that makes him a solid champion...We've been debating for an hr now man...I think ur trying to say that he's not active enough?...Well thats his choice....fighters put their lives on the line...when u get to this age, its ur choice if u wanna fight once a yr cuz u've earned that...but just to make sure, I also think ur saying he fought some bad fights?...are u gonna break down every single detail of Mayweather?..Just accept the fact that he's the real deal...Pac is not built like Floyd...he's just like chavez...another hypejob
            I am sayin' that since 2006 he only fought 3 opponents that were good to great fights, and 2 of them were money fights which obviously he would take.. ANd he is been free since 2006 when he bolted out from Arum after the Judah fight...

It's not just about activity.. you said it yourself Ortiz is nothing more than a tune-up.. You mean you had a 1 year vacation, and yet you still went for a tune-up..Its his choice ofcourse, but dont make it sound like he was doing something spectacular.. And as a boxing fan, even as a ***** like you, how could you respect that??
            Last edited by mikemurni; 01-17-2012, 11:47 AM.

Comment

i cant stand Floyd but i have to agree with this!

Comment

You are not a boxing fan.. You're a ***** groupie.. The fact that you joined this forum during the time when the failed Pac-Floyd fight discussion already proves my point.

Its really laughable when you talk about facts, wherein you were never here to begin with to talk about boxing with posters except when you want to smell Floyd's fart...
                I've been here before dumbfuk, if you where here long enough you would've known by the way I write what my original screen name was.Here's another fact, you been here long enough and don't know shi t about the forum or boxing in general groupie ,lmao.....

Comment

All TS is doing is underrating him now

Comment

I am sayin' that since 2006 he only fought 3 opponents that were good to great fights, and 2 of them were money fights which obviously he would take.. ANd he is been free since 2006 when he bolted out from Arum after the Judah fight...

It's not just about activity.. you said it yourself Ortiz is nothing more than a tune-up.. You mean you had a 1 year vacation, and yet you still went for a tune-up..Its his choice ofcourse, but dont make it sound like he was doing something spectacular.. And as a boxing fan, even as a ***** like you, how could you respect that??
                    Come on man give up already..Ur reaching...Ortiz was his toughest opponent and he FOUGHT him like he was a tune up...Ortiz was 24yrs old, 164 lbs, southpaw, speed, power, angles...he was a GREAT tactical brawler, and Floyd is just that amazing man where he walked him down..It was amazing...U know roach said Ortiz used to beat the crap out of Pac in sparring when he weighed 155lbs...far lighter than when Floyd fought him...but u know all of this already...ur set on PRETENDING that u feel one way or another, when u really want to hide the fact that Pac is an Arum hypejob...I know *******s and Floydhaters refuse to admit Floyd is the History in the making...well we been talking for hrs man...I cant go in circles with ya...btw, this arguements reminded me of another bad thing Pac did to boxing...he brought in a bunch of fans to the sport that really overcrowd the sport with there irrationalism, racism, and extreme views..Like Jay said.."U lost One"

Comment

• awww the little Pacquiao fan is mad at the Poll asking who would win and in that Poll Mayweather has a HUGE LEAD lol

So now he is crying about this Forum "OVERRATED MAYWEATHER" hahaha

Sensitive Fans are the WORSE! They can't debate because they don't know anything about Boxing besides PACQUIAO so they get all sensitive and emotional

Comment

Working...
                      X