No announcement yet.

My fight from Saturday, advice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
    you still young man you fight timid. figth with balls and see what happens you already losing with the style you fighting with so what do you have to lose. Trys thing this is the amatuer. It is the time to try **** and not really be held accountable for it.
    Don't listen to this guy.

Comment

Head movement man, your standing straight up... that step is giving away your jab, try getting in range before throwing cause your reaching alot. The guy didn't dominate you but he can see your punches coming, he's catching you everytime you reach in...no doubt this is a type of fight you can learn alot off...good luck man...

Comment

be more light on your feet and move your head more. you need to develop a better jab and incorporate feints with head movement. footwork seems to be a little lackadaisical as well. get on those toes and build that explosive speed / power, in hand and foot!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
          be more light on your feet and move your head more. you need to develop a better jab and incorporate feints with head movement. footwork seems to be a little lackadaisical as well. get on those toes and build that explosive speed / power, in hand and foot!
          Head movement is something i've always had trouble doing. Thank you.

Comment

Conditioning.

Every piece of advice that has been supplied is going to take more oxygen and place more strain on your body and mind.

Surely, you've been through several sparring sessions so getting hit/ countered should no longer be an issue.

I'm also going to assume that you put in enough work on the heavy bag and, hopefully, the mitts that your coach would allow you to participate in a match so throwing punches and combinations should also be finding its way into your skill set.

The next thing, I would say, is believing that you can put all of that together. I find that when I don't FEEL like I'm properly conditioned that I have a habit of holding back and not fighting the fight that I'm sure I can.

Comment

It seemed like you got really discouraged when he started throwing back with those wid shots. You let him off the hook a couple times... like at 5:40 you had him in the corner and were landing decently on him then he let off one big hook and you reset in the middle. And a bunch of times he threw a wide punch and you didnt come back with anything even though he was way off balance.

It looked good though the confidence will come with more fights, just keep at it and you will keep improving, good luck man.

Btw the other guys trainer with making me lol with him freaking out

edit: also if you held your hand up to catch his jab it couldve save a lot of trouble
              Last edited by Danny Gunz; 11-19-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz
                It seemed like you got really discouraged when he started throwing back with those wid shots. You let him off the hook a couple times... like at 5:40 you had him in the corner and were landing decently on him then he let off one big hook and you reset in the middle. And a bunch of times he threw a wide punch and you didnt come back with anything even though he was way off balance.

It looked good though the confidence will come with more fights, just keep at it and you will keep improving, good luck man.

Btw the other guys trainer with making me lol with him freaking out

edit: also if you held your hand up to catch his jab it couldve save a lot of trouble
                Great advice! thank you!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

you just seemed to have mentally folded
                  i think you'll get better with more sparring, but you have to be bold

Comment

The guy you were fighting was more or less one handed, just winging that right hand. You fed into that by doing three things. First, staying right in front of him. Second, pawing with your jab. Third, putting your hands up and waiting on the punch. If all he's got is that right hand, circle to your right, make him punch across his body. A lot of times his right hand was real wide, while other times he telegraphed it by picking his right elbow up and 'aiming' the punch. these are things- making him punch across himself and picking up on when he's going to punch- that enable you to land counters.
                    You, also, telegraph the right hand by picking up the elbow before you throw it and you are real slow at getting your punches off. Just shoot them. There were times when it seemed like your opponent was winded and didn't want to fight, was maybe trying to catch his breath. In those instances, first you weren't able to walk him down behind a jab. Second, when you did get close and start throwing punches, you'd square up and drop your hands and he'd sting you, once with a left. Generally, he'd wing the right and you'd back off.
                    Get sharper with your punches and work on your defense. No reason to be eating right hands like that.

Comment

Originally posted by greynotsoold View Post
                      The guy you were fighting was more or less one handed, just winging that right hand. You fed into that by doing three things. First, staying right in front of him. Second, pawing with your jab. Third, putting your hands up and waiting on the punch. If all he's got is that right hand, circle to your right, make him punch across his body. A lot of times his right hand was real wide, while other times he telegraphed it by picking his right elbow up and 'aiming' the punch. these are things- making him punch across himself and picking up on when he's going to punch- that enable you to land counters.
                      You, also, telegraph the right hand by picking up the elbow before you throw it and you are real slow at getting your punches off. Just shoot them. There were times when it seemed like your opponent was winded and didn't want to fight, was maybe trying to catch his breath. In those instances, first you weren't able to walk him down behind a jab. Second, when you did get close and start throwing punches, you'd square up and drop your hands and he'd sting you, once with a left. Generally, he'd wing the right and you'd back off.
                      Get sharper with your punches and work on your defense. No reason to be eating right hands like that.
                      Okay, thanks. My trainer says I don't do a lot of that in sparring, I'll work on it. I know I always pick up my elbow it's a habit i'll have to try to fix.

Comment

Working...
                      X