Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Brandon Rios vs. Lucas Matthysse at 140 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Wins: Brandon Rios vs. Lucas Matthysse at 140 Lbs.

this would be an action-packed war from the opening bell and should definitely be made sometime 2013. even though both fighters are under rival promoters (GB and TP) who's had differences in the past, that should not be enough reason not to give boxing fans a fight to remember.

rios is a guy who just straight up loves to fight and trades a lot of punches with bad intention. he's undefeated (lost to abril though scorecards show otherwise), does have a solid chin and some head movement but subpar footwork.

as for matthysse, he's more of a ferocious boxer-brawler with a high percentage of ko wins.

if the fight were to take place, i see every minute of every round to be filled with fireworks, both fighters exchanging bombs in the middle of the ring. but as they reach the middle rounds, i think rios will start to welt as he takes more punishment from matthysse's crisp right hands and starts to get pushed to the ropes. matthyyse wins 12th round TKO.

your thoughts?

just going from the little i've seen, i think rios would win unless matthysse can fight on the outside, which i haven't seen him do
    not even sure matthysse can infight

Comment

I gotta say Matthyse. That guy hits. HARD! I mean, really hard...Rios has a good chin but he barely protects himself, comes forward and he brawls. I don't know...It doesn't look good for Rios.

Comment

I'd favor Brandon Rios, but I really would'nt be surprised if Matthysse beat him infact I'm pretty sure Matthysse would be favored

Comment

Matthysse by tko/corner stoppage.

What a fine fight this would be, but not a good fight for Rios's health with the amount of heavy shots to the head he would eat

Comment

From what I've seen between the two, I'd highly favored Rios on this matchup, just because Lucas can't take a punch (power puncher).

Comment

Rios would spark him.

Comment

Originally posted by RightStraight View Post
                I gotta say Matthyse. That guy hits. HARD! I mean, really hard...Rios has a good chin but he barely protects himself, comes forward and he brawls. I don't know...It doesn't look good for Rios.
                yea......i dont see it, he's heavy handed, no one punch ko artist though

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                  Matthysse by tko/corner stoppage.

What a fine fight this would be, but not a good fight for Rios's health with the amount of heavy shots to the head he would eat
                  Come on son! Robert Garcia wouldn't stop it for nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    I'd favor Brandon Rios, but I really would'nt be surprised if Matthysse beat him infact I'm pretty sure Matthysse would be favored
                    i totally agree with maniac on everything he said, i can picture rios winning but mathysse has serious power, lucas will be in a different kinda war where he really will see how his chin holds up, lucas will be seenn how he handles inside, lucas can win this only by tko cause rios wont quit

Comment

Working...
                    X