After Broner dismantles and knocks out Maidana he's the #5 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
    Ring has Broner in the top ten already.

A win over Broner should put Maidana in Broner's spot in the Ring list.

Maidana p4p #8, as of this December. Not bad huh?
    ring if im not mistaken is partly own by de la hoya. thats why those rankings are so off

Comment

• Originally posted by face untouched View Post
      1.Mayweather
      2.Ward
      3.Bradley
      4.Rigondeux
      5.Broner
      6.Hopkins
      7.Garcia
      8.Alexander
      9.Lara
      10.Crawford

Some people may say Alexander stands out but remember he has wins over Maidana, Witter, Kotelnik, Matthysse, Bailey, Urango.

Lara's been a beast for a minute. Made Angulo quit, destroyed Hernandez, Molina, Hearns, Williams etc

Crawford I rank because of pure skills. He's well rounded and no one is touching him for a minute. I expect him to run Lightweight in a year.

Gary Russell jr is another I have my eye on. Love is coming along nicely and Trout might over take Lara if he can get past him.

to clarify I don't base MY list on resume alone. I base it on combination of skills, athleticism and sometimes potential. I remember my friend had Rigo in the top 10 P4P's before he beat Donaire and I didn't laugh at him. I saw something special in Rigo and I was right. People won't be laughing when Crawford Lara and Broner start dominating their weightclasses. I see great potential in all of them. Hopkins just beat a champ 20 years younger than him why don't more people give him respect?

Comment

• How can broner be top 5 p4p for beating a guy that already got beat by khan, and schooled by alexander,,,,

IF he beats maidana then yes he would propel up the rankings, but not top 5,,,, how could that possible compare to the feats of jmm, bradley, ward, floyd, rigo, serg, froch, wlad, etc,,, guys that have been around alot longer and have dominated for a long time,,,

broner winning big would be a step in the right direction, but its not a career defining victory for a p4p top 5 guy,,,

top 5 p4p is usually guys that have cleared out divisions or have been dominate thru multiple divisions,,, guys like calzaghe, manny, floyd, ward, serg, winky, jmm, bradley, donaire, hopkins, guys like that,,,,,,

broner just needs to keep winning big fights, beat maidana, ghost, alexander, etc,,, get some multiple wins like that, and yes he would be p4p top 5,,,,,

just to early in his career to say a maidana win would make him top 5,,, did khan or alexander become top 5 when they beat him,,,,

Comment

• You cant have lara on a p4p top 10 list,,,,

the dude got dropped multiple times to angulo, and got a gift draw vs molina,,

lara is good, but the dude is 50/50 fighter vs other world class fighters,,, he will never dominate like a serg, floyd, manny, donaire, winky have done in the past,,

Comment

• I expect all of you to rank Maidana when he beats Broner.

That is all

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              You cant have lara on a p4p top 10 list,,,,

the dude got dropped multiple times to angulo, and got a gift draw vs molina,,

lara is good, but the dude is 50/50 fighter vs other world class fighters,,, he will never dominate like a serg, floyd, manny, donaire, winky have done in the past,,
              why not? Lara made Angulo quit and beat him worse than anyone. Angulo was a top 10 JMW. Lara's skill set isn't rivaled by anyone other than Mayweather at JMW. Lara has the goods people just need to give him a chance.

Comment

• I agree. From 135 to being a 147 pound champ is already greatness.

Comment

• So why didnt Alexander become top p4p for beating Maidana?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                    My P4P Top Ten

Mayweather
                    Ward
                    Martinez
                    Bradley
                    Marquez
                    Wlad
                    Rigo
                    Garcia
                    Froch
                    Pacquiao
                    how do you rank Pacquiao after he got knocked out unconcious and lost his last 2 fights? you don't have Broner who hasn't lost and has been going up 3 weightclasses. He was at 130 acouple of fights ago. Now he's beating welterweights

Comment

• Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
                      So why didnt Alexander become top p4p for beating Maidana?
                      you tell me. I have him in my P4P list. He's one of the most overlooked underrated fighters out there. Urango, Witter, Matthysse, Maidana, Bailey, Kotelnik.

Comment

Working...
                      X