Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B list fighters who have made millions in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zab Judah.

Didn't Berto have a couple of milion dollar + purse guarantees from HBO as well?

Comment

Originally posted by KeepOnPushing View Post
      Paulie does have the skill-set , he just doesn't have the power to compete when he faces the upper echelon guys , they walk right through his punches and beat him up pretty much because they aren't worried about getting knocked out by malignaggi.

but to say paulie doesn't even have the skill-set i would have to disagree because he's a very skilled boxer in my opinion and if he had any type of power at all i think the guy would be a force , anytime you're that feather fisted and u start fighting the top guys they will all do the same thing , walk right through your punches just to put a punishment on you.

the guy has to pretty much win on boxing skills and points almost every fight, i mean 6 KO's ?? ..thats brutal..
      yeah he has skills, he satisfies like 90% of the requirements to be a great boxer, just like a human body without kidneys satifies 90% of the requirements to sustain life,,,,,,,, he isnt an a list fighter, and theoretically should never beat one...and hasnt.

Comment

Andre Berto and 90% of Al-Haymon fighters

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          Carlos Baldomir.

He had a few big fights in which he made some good dough.
          Co-Sign this one..

Comment

Yuri Foreman, Dimitri Salita

Those guys are below B list though. They still got undeserved title shots and were exposed when they stepped up.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
              Zab Judah.

Didn't Berto have a couple of milion dollar + purse guarantees from HBO as well?
              judah, who cotto had to cheat to beat and who beat floyd for like 5 rounds, judah a legit champion, how is he not an a list fighter?

berto has no mind in the ring, so u may be right about that one.

Comment

Ortiz Berto Bradley & Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
                  Ortiz Berto Bradley & Alexander

agree with all of those except i think the jury is still out on ortiz

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_pundit85 View Post
                    yeah he has skills, he satisfies like 90% of the requirements to be a great boxer, just like a human body without kidneys satifies 90% of the requirements to sustain life,,,,,,,, he isnt an a list fighter, and theoretically should never beat one...and hasnt.

Yea he isn't a A-List fighter agree , but thats what holds Paulie back from being one is what i was saying though , the guy is that weak of a puncher that he just cant compete at that level, but if he did have any sort of power Paulie would be a A-List fighter, any time your opponent comes into the ring already not respecting your punching power they relax a little more and able to stick to their game plan , but if u have a little pop you're tend to back pedal some or even hesitate to throw because of fear of getting one to the jaw or body, Paulie doesn't scare anyone , he just out boxes guys , but he will never be a A class guy with that poor of KO power

i do wish he had pop tho' because he's entertaining as hell, and has good skills.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_pundit85 View Post
                      judah, who cotto had to cheat to beat and who beat floyd for like 5 rounds, judah a legit champion, how is he not an a list fighter?

berto has no mind in the ring, so u may be right about that one.
                      He beat Floyd for maybe 3 rounds at best. But yes Cotto had to cheat to get the upper hand.

For me Zab is too inconsistent to be listed as an A-list fighter. When I think A-lister I think guys like Froch, Ward, etc...

Zab has basically amounted to a really ****ing tough gate keeper.

Comment

Working...
                      X