No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma-Marquez Rematch Eyed For August, Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juanma-Marquez Rematch Eyed For August, Says Arum

A rematch is being between Juan Manuel "Juanma" Lopez (30-0, 27KOs) and Rafael Marquez (39-6, 35KOs) is being considered for the month of August. Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum told Carlos Gonzalez that he reached an agreement with Marquez's promoter, Fernando Beltran of Zanfer Promotions, to do an August rematch if both fighters are successful in their upcoming commitments.

[Click Here To Read More]

Not a big fan of this rematch imo

Lopez is on the upswing whereas Marquez is on his way down and the last thing I want to see is Marquez getting overwhelmed and destroyed in a round or two. Don't get me wrong, Marquez is a warrior and a hall of famer but I think he has little left to show or prove and he should retire.

Lopez wins this is the fight indeed does happen

Comment

1st fight was a great fight, a rematch would be just as exciting in my view

Comment

no point in a rematch,What about fighting gamboa or the garcia-remillard
        winner?Or juan carlos burgos,Hes a tough mexican contender.

Comment

Originally posted by BxFanViento View Post
          Not a big fan of this rematch imo

Lopez is on the upswing whereas Marquez is on his way down and the last thing I want to see is Marquez getting overwhelmed and destroyed in a round or two. Don't get me wrong, Marquez is a warrior and a hall of famer but I think he has little left to show or prove and he should retire.

Lopez wins this is the fight indeed does happen
          Rafael Marquez is a hall of famer ?

Comment

Originally posted by jimburi View Post
            Rafael Marquez is a hall of famer ?
            He should be a future hall of famer. He was arguably the best bantamweight for almost a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Filipino Floyd View Post
              He should be a future hall of famer. He was arguably the best bantamweight for almost a decade.
              It must have been a very weak bantamweight division

Comment

I dont like this rematch Juanma hould fight Rojas or John in August if Arum is still holding off on a Gamboa match.

Comment

That fuking quitter does not deserve a rematch.

Comment

Why? Why a rematch with so many potential opponents around? WTF?

Comment

Working...
                    X