Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner ranked #5 P4P by ring magazine WTF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reti View Post
    Who is Broner's promoter?

Who owns Ring Magazine?
    up to this point, I hadn't really noticed a bias, not to say I was happy with the magazine content-wise but I thought it was fair to Arum + GBP, but now this

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      I'm not going to place any faith in the Ring ratings any more. I've just deleted The Ring website from the favorites I look at every day.

Cliff Rold's boxingscene rankings are better.

Interestingly, there used to be about 30 people vote on the Ring rankings, now there's only Chuck Giampa and these 9 guys:

Mike Coppinger
      Martin Mulcahey
      Mark Ortega
      Ryan Maquinana
      Ryan ********
      Harry Pratt
      Anson Wainwright
      Joe Koizumi
      Corey Erdman
      Why thank you Tunney (and for all those wondering when those will be updated, after the Donaire-Arce fight is the answer).

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        Why thank you Tunney (and for all those wondering when those will be updated, after the Donaire-Arce fight is the answer).

No comments on the ring list with broner at 5?

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
          up to this point, I hadn't really noticed a bias, not to say I was happy with the magazine content-wise but I thought it was fair to Arum + GBP, but now this

This is boxing, and there is a ton of money involved. The bias was going to surface sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            No comments on the ring list with broner at 5?
            Commented earlier. Broner has the look of a top ten talent and if someone wanted him around 8-10, whatever. Top 5 got a "hahahahaha" out of me. It got people talking, which is all stupid ass P4P lists should ever do and this is exactly why people shouldn't take them so SERIOUS. I think though you can get them talking for the wrong reason. This might be a case...

...or it might be prescient. Like when Larry Merchant rated Pac top ten after ledwaba on the air, the world went nuts...and Merchant was right. He was just right on eye test instead of 'resume' which is what most people are looking at.

I wouldn't rate Broner over Donaire at all (or in the top ten yet), and I'd still have Pac, Froch, and Mares ahead of him. Ring has their take. Take it as you will.

Comment

When Valero popped DeMarco's cherry everyone still said he was an untested hypejob. Boner beats a bum Escobedo and DeWacko and he's top # 5 p4p?

Comment

For those who don't know, Ring's list is entirely composed by one guy: Chuck Giampa.

From the article on the new ratings: Due to the recent activity among elite fighters in the past few months, here is Giampa’s updated Pound-for-Pound Top 10 list (Editor’s Note: the mythical pound-for-pound rankings are not compiled with input from the Ratings Panel as the divisional ratings are):

They need to get the staff back involved.

Comment

I used to subscribed to Ring mag. Now, i just buy it once in a while. The Ghost did a great job on Berto but in no way that he should be in top 10.

Comment

Pacquiao is out of the top 10 because he got ktfo, no offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                      Pacquiao is out of the top 10 because he got ktfo, no offense.

Agreed. I think he was in the bottom half (for whatever thats worth cuz pfp lists are dumb) before this fight. Floyd is around 5ish imo right now as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X