No announcement yet.

Mexican teacher keeps children calm during a gun battle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
    Corruption, greed, and violence is killing the heart and spirit of Mexico. I feel for all the innocent people caught up in these acts.

I won't be travelling there any time soon, which is a shame, because I've always wanted to.
    You still can, I know all you hear is the violence but as long as you stay to the tourist areas and don't wander by yourself as a foreigner, you will be ok.

I travel to Mexico and I have no problem. I wouldn't go to Juarez though....

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
      You still can, I know all you hear is the violence but as long as you stay to the tourist areas and don't wander by yourself as a foreigner, you will be ok.

I travel to Mexico and I have no problem. I wouldn't go to Juarez though....
      I've heard that the gangs are now starting to extort civilians and tourists for money by threatening kidnap and murder. Is that true?

I was always under the impression that the drug cartels and gangs didn't mess around with innocent civilians.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
        I've heard that the gangs are now starting to extort civilians and tourists for money by threatening kidnap and murder. Is that true?

I was always under the impression that the drug cartels and gangs didn't mess around with innocent civilians.
        I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't happen, but Mexico still understands who butters their bread. Tourism is still the #1 industry in Mexico and they are making sure tourists feel safe.

There are still a ton of kids going for spring break and many people going to see the ruins.

I believe it's still safe as long as you stay to those places. Tourists who get caught up usually are in places they are supposed to be, at least for the most part.

Comment

oh give me a break. Mexico is not dangerous, just cause u have these lil dum gangster having shootouts dont make it dangerous, there is alot of good people from mexico and i id love to go there someday, u cant let a few idiots make a country look bad like this. I had a friend from mexico, he visit there every year with no worry whatso ever. As long as u dont go around danger areas u will be fine. THe ppl that are dangerous are killing themselves except theres always new dangerous ppl coming up and thats why its a never ending cycle unless the government gets better and eliminates most of them.

Comment

I bet it was some educational excursion.

teacher: let's see some gunning gangstas, kids.

kids: yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

Comment

Mexico really needs some help to get this under control and shut them down.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan321 View Post
                oh give me a break. Mexico is not dangerous, just cause u have these lil dum gangster having shootouts dont make it dangerous.
                I honestly think you're playing too much grand theft auto, Man.

It's not like Liberty City.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

numbers have climbed since this, but here is an idea from 2008 and 2009

this is from 2009 Sept
                  In early September, the number of people killed by drug-related violence in Mexico surpassed 5,000, prompting us to write on this blog that "it looks like 2009 is assured to be more violent than 2008 - which ended with 5,600 narcoviolence-related murders." Unfortunately, it took less than one month for the number of such murders in Mexico to surpass 2008 levels, reaching 5,874 murders by the end of September.

Comment

Very inspirational story.

Comment

From today's Washington Post:

Mexico has become the pirate capital of Latin America, exporting so many bootleg movies to Central America, for example, that the major studios no longer bother to sell their products on the shelves there, according to industry watchdogs.

And in Cancun or Monterrey or Tijuana, when you buy a bootleg Disney movie for the kids, it is as likely as not to bare [sic] a stamp that shows it was distributed by the Zetas (a stallion) or La Familia (a butterfly).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...LEH_story.html

Comment

Working...
                      X