No announcement yet.

Clips of Margarito getting his hands wrapped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
    So he usually looks away when they wrap his hands?
    yeah, i'm at work and can't watch the clip

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Let it rest. Those who are not convinced that Margorito knew about the illegal wrapping is beyond reach.
      exactly. at this point you're not going to convince anyone that doesn't already believe he knew what was happening. claiming ignorance is such a ridiculous excuse... i'll go out on a limb and say it's no excuse.

anyone who has ever had their hands wrapped (or anyone with half a brain in their head) knows what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by Libido Sanchez View Post
        According to reports, the substance was found inside the knuckle pads. So maybe Margarito didn't see it. But as Barrera points out, he should have been able to feel something was on his knuckles.
        From what ive seen over the years handwraps are prepared on the spot. Dunno how much you can do without the fighter knowing or seeing.

But i cant say i know the routine of hand-wrapping for everyone. You see in the vid Marg checking his wraps by tapping them. You would feel a hard insert or something. Even after a fight when you remove the wraps you would know if somethings up. Not sure if a fighter can claim total ignorance.

Comment

Let it rest. Those who are not convinced that Margorito knew about the illegal wrapping is beyond reach.
          I agree 100%..But im not posting this to convince anyone. Just trying to make sense of it all and shed some light on the situation.

Comment

I agree, this kid has been fighting since the tender age of 15 and he didn't know?

Give me a freakin break and for the record (HE CHEATED AGAINST COTTO!)

Comment

Originally posted by PRPP View Post
              I agree, this kid has been fighting since the tender age of 15 and he didn't know?

Give me a freakin break and for the record (HE CHEATED AGAINST COTTO!)
              We can never know for sure but it seems very likely that he would have cheated in the biggest fight of his career against Cotto, if he would do it in a fight he was supposed to win against Mosley.

What a total disappointment this was. He just ruined the greatness of his win over Cotto, one of the best fights of the year last year because nobody (rightfully so) will believe that he didn't cheat in that fight now.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                We can never know for sure but it seems very likely that he would have cheated in the biggest fight of his career against Cotto, if he would do it in a fight he was supposed to win against Mosley.

What a total disappointment this was. He just ruined the greatness of his win over Cotto, one of the best fights of the year last year because nobody (rightfully so) will believe that he didn't cheat in that fight now.
                I agree.....good post

Comment

He definitely knew. I think that's basically understood, unless you are completely naive.

Comment

margo is fu cked... am ****in disgusted..
                    how couldnt he feel the wraps just like barrera said..

Comment

Originally posted by 6Bound View Post
                      A couple clips in this video about the results of Margs handwraps show him at the gym getting his hands wrapped. He seems to be very aware of whats going on in my opinion. Dunno how someone could plant anything without him knowing.

The vid is in spanish.

Interesting clip, thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                      X