Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real Boxing Fans Always Knew That Manny Pacquiao Was Overrated ,,, (by Lester)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "*****s vs *******s" **** will just go on forever but what I do not understand is why it seems *******s are so utterly blind and devoted and will not for one moment, admit anything negative about Manny? I will break it down on my end...I am a diehard Floyd fan, for many years. I live and breathe boxing, I am a purist and I love watching boxing at its highest level and seeing amazing technique and skill. I feel Floyd is without a doubt the most gifted fighter on the planet and P4P #1 in the world. Are there people right on his heels? Sure there are...Ward being one of them. But I can admit Floyd's faults and problems...he is arrogant, ignorant, he says immature and ridiculous nonsense...he could apply himself more in the ring and take more risks and be more aggressive, etc. He is not perfect by any means, I see his shortcomings and issues...but what can Pac fans not see anything wrong with their messiah Manny? Manny is a great fighter, he is a warrior, has heart, he is fast, strong...good speed, footwork, etc. However, he has no defense, he cannot cut off the ring, and he really is limited with his boxing skills. His power and angles win him fights, which is fine, there is nothing wrong with that. I just do not see though how you can have him ranked P4P #1, a spot that people like Floyd, RJJ, etc. held? Floyd is undefeated and has had what, 2 fights that were even close in his career? Prime RJJ was superhuman, he couldn't be touched. So you're telling me that someone (Manny) who has been knocked out twice, was outboxed and lost a UD, has a draw, had 2 close fights that could have gone either way (and should have), has fought questionable opponents for his last 4-5 fights....and he is the #1 P4P fighter in the world??? Vitali K has barely lost a round in his entire career and has never touched the canvas, Wlad has beat everyone in front of him in one-sided matches for the last 7-8 years, Ward just ran through the top SMW's in the world and barely broke a sweat...yet Manny is ranked above them??? Say what you want about Floyd, but hes only had 2 fights that were even remotely close (JLC 1 & ODLH). All I am saying is Manny and Floyd are both human with flaws....but Pac fans just seem maniacal over him, they won't even entertain the fact that he may lose or that he is not as great as he seems. It is like a cult following or something, I don't get it? Do I think Floyd can be beaten...sure....but is Manny the person with the style to do so? No he is not, that is not an insult, it is just reality. Do I feel Manny is overrated? Well slightly, I think he is a great fighter but I truly feel that Arum's matchups over the last few years are making the boxing world think Manny is more "gifted" than he really is.

Comment

definitely overrated and protected but Manny is no bum

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=421549

Comment

LOL, sure that Salvador who wrote this is an unbiased reporter. He thinks his a descent reporter cuz he can write articles for a boxing site.

Comment

I can't call anyone who jumps up multiple divisions and cleans out one that isn't his "over rated"

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
            I can't call anyone who jumps up multiple divisions and cleans out one that isn't his "over rated"
            And what division was this that Pacquiao "cleaned out"?

Because i can't recall him cleaning out even one.

Comment

Originally posted by LaMexicanMigra View Post
              Pac ducked Humberto Soto since 2006, and has ducked many others.
              Pac commited mass murder in your country did you know that?

Comment

Originally posted by Pancakes View Post

Tell which fighter can beat Pacquaio except that coward 147 in below?

Comment

I can't believe some of you read that and actually got mad...that was a joke of an article and obvious troll job...and it worked, I bet there is a 15 page thread over at philboxing about this article...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    I can't believe some of you read that and actually got mad...that was a joke of an article and obvious troll job...and it worked, I bet there is a 15 page thread over at philboxing about this article...
                    The author went all Dave Chappelle Piss on You on the Pac lovers and they fell for it. And you wonder why I don't like Pacquiao anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Pancakes View Post

Might as well create a Pacquiao division (PBC title)...

... for whatever weight you don't like to make +/- 9lbs.

and if it goes the, distance Manny wins by default since he's popular and has a Ferrari.

Comment

Working...
                      X