No announcement yet.

Get in shape Contest!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE REED™;12913546[I
    ]No, you dont.. I have years of experience with it... you eat over your maintenance level but overeating just adds fat... the point is to give the muscles the necessary fuel to grow as much as possible... but gorging and overeating will go beyond what the muscles need and just add fat.
    [/I]
    Find out what your maintenence caloric intake is and add 500-1000 calories to start. Anymore than that youre not helping your muscles anymore unless youre doing extreme body building like ronnie and cutler... guys like those are the exception and theyre maintence level is much higher than avg.
    that's not true at all man. overeating/gorging is about putting more food in your stomach. if it's lean food you will not be introducing extra fat, but putting on some weight during your "bulking" period is not the end of the world, as you won't be eating all lean foods when you put on mass. it's a part of the process. allowing whatever you eat to go unused and turned into fat over time isn't an inherent part of that process.

again, you don't need to be a top flight bodybuilder to take meaningful bits of information away from what they do. they make the best gains the quickest. the main differences between what they do and what an amateur does are the drugs and the food. they gorge and then fast. and they take drugs to allow themselves to make greater gains and recover faster to allow for more gains without breaking down.

simply adding 1000 calories is not "bulking." certainly not in the same sense as the rest of the bodybuilding community talks about it.

jay cutler walks around at well over 300 lbs... you don't get that way eating like a bird. a big man eats a ton of food. get big, then boil it down. that's the essence of adding lean muscle. he'll eat 5-7 thousand calories when he's putting on weight and lifting heavy. he's obviously bigger than kelvin, who could never eat 7000 calories in a day i would guess, but the general principal (that you put on this weight before you cut it away,) is there.

when you're bulking you eat until you feel full many times each day. at first you'll feel like you are gorging, but eventually you get used to it, as your stomach is quite elastic. it's amazing what you can do when you condition your body.

what you're introducing to kevin is not bodybuilding, or bulking, which is fine. it's just eating another 500-1000 calories a day and exercising. what i am suggesting will get you much bigger gains, which is putting on weight by eating more and lifting heavy for a period of 2-3 mo, and then cutting it away for a month or two. take a break for a week or two (or more if you are old, less if you're young,) and do it again.

you make fine points. what you're suggesting is healthier. however, my methods will get you much bigger gains.
    Last edited by New England; 01-14-2013, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• Start weight - 354
      Current - 268
      Goal - 230
      Height 6ft6

I lost the majority of the weight with straight up calorie counting and working out. I will be training for the next 90 days (everyday) 1 hour minimum. I do boxing training 2 times per week for 2 hours, and will start running 2 miles daily 5x per week and upping it as required.

Is it possible to lose that much weight in the time I cant see me ever being much lower than 230 maybe 220 but I cant see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Are you doing bodyweight squats? Or with weight?
        weighted, not much though only 30 kg, used to do 110 at the gym

Comment

• Just started Layne Norton's PHAT program.

Pretty pumped about it actually I have heard really good things and I like the splits.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-f...ated-2011.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
            Just started Layne Norton's PHAT program.

Pretty pumped about it actually I have heard really good things and I like the splits.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-f...ated-2011.html
            good luck, hope to see progress

Comment

• Originally posted by Alx. View Post
              good luck, hope to see progress
              Thanks! My lifts have been stalling so hopefully this will kick start them a bit.

Comment

• nobody with some inspiring transformations?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                  that's not true at all man. overeating/gorging is about putting more food in your stomach. if it's lean food you will not be introducing extra fat, but putting on some weight during your "bulking" period is not the end of the world, as you won't be eating all lean foods when you put on mass. it's a part of the process. allowing whatever you eat to go unused and turned into fat over time isn't an inherent part of that process.
                  You can put on fat by overeating on lean foods.

If you eat enough grilled chicken, you can put on fat. Unused, unburned food will get stored as fat.

Eating an extra 500-1000 calories a day to compensate for the weight lifting burn he will initiate as well as the repair of torn muscle fibers will allow him to get bigger.

Eating a TON of lean food, will do nothing more than to simply add extra fat... adding extra fat is not adding extra muscle. Will he get bigger by gorging? Sure... But Im talking about gaining leaning muscle, not muscle and fat.

Comment

• Joined back up with the gym.

Hard getting it in with work but feels good.

Should feel even better further down the line.

Comment

• Attempting to do this macro buisness

40/40/20.

2000 calories roughly. as I am cutting.

I actually struggle to eat 2000 calories some days with work.

Comment

Working...
                      X