No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios: I Have Nothing To Prove Against Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios: I Have Nothing To Prove Against Gamboa

As Brandon Rios prepares for his April 14 lightweight showdown with unheralded Richard Abril, most in the boxing industry still struggle to cope with the fact that it won’t come against Yuriorkis Gamboa.

The fight was to serve as the centerpiece of HBO’s boxing lineup for the spring. Instead, Gamboa balked and the network was left with a gaping hole in its schedule. [Click Here To Read More]

That slap is gonna cost Abril big

Comment

Everything Brandon said is true. And he's right not to take Abril lightly.

The more I think about the Gamboa fight falling through, the more disappointed I become. These two guys might never meet in the ring. It would've been an exciting fight. Now Rios moves on. Who knows what's in store for Yuri?

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
        That slap is gonna cost Abril big
        Yeah it is...lol, But I mean in all honesty Rios had a hard on to fight Gamboa the smaller man... He was talking a lot of sh@t so it had to bother him somehow...

Comment

Originally posted by HEZEKYHWH View Post
          Yeah it is...lol, But I mean in all honesty Rios had a hard on to fight Gamboa the smaller man... He was talking a lot of sh@t so it had to bother him somehow...
          so Gamboa calls Rios out yet it's Rios who has the hard on to fight Gamboa?

Comment

Rios owns Gamboa. Showed up in Gamboa's backyard while Gamboa didn't. That's on par with el Pelinchin running Juanma out of PR.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
              so Gamboa calls Rios out yet it's Rios who has the hard on to fight Gamboa?
              Yes... smaller guys call out larger guys all the time, when Gamboa no showed, there were all types of articles on here with Rios talking sh@t. I didnt call him a (Rios) coward or anything , I didnt even say he was cherry picking... goddamn man chill out....

so here it is.

RIOS TODAY: " I have nothing to prove against gamboa"
              http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...il-on-april-14
              past articles. RIOS -“So it’s still going to be a fun fight for the fans. I’m just a little pissed off that it won’t be Gamboa who I beat on. I was motivated to shut his mouth, but I guess he got cold feet.”

http://www.***************.com/brand...iorkis-gamboa/

@ THE 2:26 MARKER HE EVEN STATES HE WANTED TO KNOCKOUT GAMBOA (WHICH I WANTED TO SEE). So again stop reading too much into this. He even goes into how he has more power (I AGREE) and that Gamboa has been knocked down by featherweights, and He hits waay harder than featherweights. (THESE ARE FACTS)
              Was Rios talking SH@T?? YES!!! Thats why I like him!!!!!

Thats why I like Floyd, whomever talks sh@t they instantly get my attention, but they gotta back it up as well.
              I am not dissing him, but he himself admitted he was dead set on fighting the smaller man. I mean whats the name of the link I gave above?? "Rios wanted Gamboa, but he'll settle......"

I dont see where I lied or made any false statements.... DO YOU??

So kill that....

One could only say that this was to goad Gamboa into fighting him... I know Gamboa called him out. But I dont see any problem with my post above based on the evidence I just gave you...

But if you wanna start some type of word war, be my guess....

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Rios owns Gamboa. Showed up in Gamboa's backyard while Gamboa didn't. That's on par with el Pelinchin running Juanma out of PR.
                I agree, I would like to see Rios against maidana, Rios even stated he was up for it. I would like to see RIOS vs Marquez.... Thats the fight Rios really wants more than anything....

Comment

Brandon is an old-school type of fighter, just bring them on. I am pretty sure he wont stay undefeated forever but at least he wants to test himself against the best. I would rather see a 30-6 fighter that has fought the best vs a 30-0 fighter that picks and chooses his opponents..

Comment

Rios and JMM are two of my favorite fighters.

I don't think Top Rank should be making this a PPV , their opposition is WHO?

They just have to stay focused and not think ahead cause the showdown ought to be in Texas this summer between

Rios and JMM !!

Love-em both but will be pulling for Rios to KO JMM and do what Pac should have done but didn't do !

Its sad, but May jr is going to by pass Pac, I feel it in my bones. He will stay up at 154 and put Pac down for not coming to that weight. May Jr will fight Canelo and beat him due to experience then face the winner of the Chavez Jr , LEE and Sergio thang for the middle weight title and claim the greatest of all time but all that #### will have a terrible HOLE rimmed with gangrene, ducks will be quacking , they will be quacking you ducked Pacman.

What will be left for Pac ????

RIOs and it just may be if ,,,"IF",,,, Rios takes care of Abril who and KO's the GREAT JMM,,, that he will fight PAC and :

The Torch just MIGHT PASS !!!!!!!!

I just have that feeling

Comment

Working...
                    X