Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weren't Lara and Vanes supposed to fight again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weren't Lara and Vanes supposed to fight again?

I thought the WBC ordered an immediate rematch for early 2013. Is that still on?

No network is going to buy a rematch so it's not going to happen. It was already a miracle that a goldenboy and a top rank fighter fought each other. Don't expect it to happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      No network is going to buy a rematch so it's not going to happen. It was already a miracle that a goldenboy and a top rank fighter fought each other. Don't expect it to happen again.
      Not even ESPN?

Comment

Vanes suffered a nasty cut that needs healing.

And it was originally supposed to be on the Pacquaio vs. Marquez 4 undercard on November 10, but Pacquiao moved the date to December 8. Then they tried to make it an undercard to Salido vs. Garcia but Salido got injured and that fight got delayed. So Vanes vs. Lara was the headliner by default.

It will probably be on an undercard of a major TR or GBP event at some point this late spring to early summer.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Not even ESPN?
          It would be too expensive for ESPN to buy.

Comment

I was enjoying that fight while it lasted...I'd totally want to see the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              I was enjoying that fight while it lasted...I'd totally want to see the rematch.
              I was enjoying Lara landing that straight left at will on big nose.

Comment

That first fight sucked I am glad that s**t was a draw no one deserved to win that awful fight.

Comment

You're right that was not a good fight. Lara needs to be more active on the next fight.

Comment

I thought one of them really needed this bad but maybe not so I doubt the big networks would play ball, unless one of the promoters put their rematch on the undercard of another big name.

Comment

Working...
                    X