Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman said on commentary......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this never would have happened in the uk because the uk ref would have stopped the fight in the first after peterson was "floored" by that push.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
      YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!!

Khan was using Headlocks, Pushing and Holding Peterson's head down the ENTIRE FIGHT!

He was far worse then Dirrell! Khan was throwing Flurries I will give him that, even though a lot of them was hitting Arms and Gloves
      I can take rough house tactic's when both were doing them,Dirrell was stopping the fight altogether,with hoping on the floor and turning his back,and I mean he did it all the way threw the fight...Khan and Peterson was both fighting dirty and hard and I don't mind that at all..

Comment

Originally posted by norrin View Post
        So the rules don't apply in a close fight or at the end of the fight? I couldn't believe that Kahn kept doing it. What was he thinking? Kahn could have taken the ref out of it by not pushing.
        Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        thats what i dont get. why blame the ref when khan had it well within his power to stop but he didnt. he aint a baby.

When was the last time you saw someone lose a single point for pushing? How about losing two points? Those 2 points was basically the fight!

When was the last time you saw someone lose because he pushed an opponent?

The ref should have said, I will deduct another point if you continue. That never happened. Is that mandatory to do? No but in (especially) a close fight, you as a ref should try to make the fighters decide the fight .... not the ref!

The way Peterson responded in the interview, even he wasn't able to justify the ref taking a point for "pushing"!!! Peterson said the holding his head down was what he found to be the real problem.

Even HBO said many comments that suggested that the ref was wrong to do what he did. Example: "Home cooked call"

Again, it wasn't that Khan didn't do anything wrong ... In a given fight, you can deduct many points from many fighters, the way that ref was calling yesterday .... BUT in most fights, you don't see that! .... especially losing 2 points in a fight for pushing!!! lol!

Comment

The ref should have warn Khan saying the next time it will be a point deduction. Since it is illegal, according to Steward, then there should be warnings then point deduction.

I believed its a hometown decision. Lamont didn't do anything but chase Khan the last few rounds.

Comment

Taking 2 points for pushing was a bullshit decision and ultimately gave the win to Peterson. I don't like seeing a fight decided by controversial refereeing.

I'd like to see a rematch because I think Peterson would win in a more convincing fashion. He has the blueprint on how to beat Khan and would bring it from R1.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
              It doesn't matter at this point whether one was rooting for either Khan or Peterson. That ref affected the fight.

The FAIR thing to do (and I'm sure any objective poster would attest to this) is to make an immediate rematch.

I was rooting for Peterson and am glad he got to be champion but that referee didn't handle the fight very well.

I'm glad Peterson's a nice guy and had no problem saying that he'd give Khan a rematch.

I'll be looking forward to the rematch.
              good post ,but Khan only did this to himself

Comment

We would probably feel the same way some UK fans are feeling.

Comment

Working...
                X