No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Povetkin Gets New Deadline of August 31st

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Povetkin Gets New Deadline of August 31st

Chris Meyer, General Manager of Sauerland Event, says unified world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (59-3, 50KOs) has until August 31st to make his mandatory defense against WBA "regular" champion Alexander Povetkin (25-0, 17KOs) of Russia. Meyer says K2 Promotions tried to get the financial split changed from 85-15% in Wladimir's favor, but the WBA kept the split of the orginal order, 75-25. Wladimir will first make a voluntary defense against undefeated Francesco Pianeta on May 4th in Hamburg, Germany.

[Click Here To Read More]

Perfect, the Povetkin fight can happen circa three months after the Pianeta clash

Comment

I wonder will Povetkin have a voluntary defense?

The absurd WBA heavyweight ratings include a lot of boxers who would be an easy defense, such as Travis Kaufmann and Jovo Pudar.

I see the WBA doesn't rate good heavyweights like Kubrat Pulev in their rankings, yet has several mediocre ones.

Comment

Imposing a deadline has already proven to be worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Imposing a deadline has already proven to be worthless.
          Exactly. Completely worthless. I still don't think it will happen. Povetkins team will pussy out as per usual.

Comment

Povetkin only wants to fight od ladies and has-beens. Klitschko will destroy him.

Comment

This fight needs to happen. Hopefully team Povetkin will follow through with it this time.

Comment

The klitchos fight such crap oppponents like charr and painetta like seriously theres so many other contenders like pulev, povetkin, fury, even arreola

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Exactly. Completely worthless. I still don't think it will happen. Povetkins team will pussy out as per usual.
                  They are both *******. The last time Klitschko fought someone worthwhile was Haye. There is much better opposition out there and Klitschko's silly contracts force them out of fighting them. Only has beens and ******* will fight on a Klitschko contract. Povetkin almost got beat by a cruiserweight.

Comment

Originally posted by simonihirst View Post
                    They are both *******. The last time Klitschko fought someone worthwhile was Haye. There is much better opposition out there and Klitschko's silly contracts force them out of fighting them. Only has beens and ******* will fight on a Klitschko contract. Povetkin almost got beat by a cruiserweight.
                    I mean.. I agree? But someone who has backed out of his mandatory on a couple of occassions and who doesn't seem to make any hard push to face the champion, can't really be taken seriously. Now top that with Sauerland's pretty obvious choice of keeping the WBA regular strap, so they can milk that padded "0" and bring nobodies over to fight for the "heavyweight title", it's all bs really. I, for one, would like Povetkin to face Helenius. Sauerland probably won't do it though, but the winner could face Wlad.

Comment

Working...
                    X