No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Expects Ward To Bend By The Middle Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch Expects Ward To Bend By The Middle Rounds

WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch believes his punching power will begin to wear down Andre Ward by the middle rounds of their October showdown in Atlantic City. Ward, staking his WBA title, will depend heavy on his speed and boxing ability. He wants to break Ward's mental state by pushing him around with his heavy power shots.

[Click Here To Read More]

thats all well and good carl, but you have to have to actually land the punches and not just stand there with your hands low for the first 4 rounds

Comment

Froch is not in Andre Ward's league. He is underestimating Ward's power, it will be a hard fight but I expect a UD. Ward is too fast, too elusive, and technique is too good for froch. Joe Calzaghe could have given Ward a fight, Lucian Bute, Dirrel also, you need better speed and skills than froch imo.

As long as Froch doesn't land a bomb Ward will win the majority of the rounds.

Comment

As a fan of Froch and Ward, I'm truly sensing a vibe from Froch that i've never gotten...He's truely worried. Any boxer gets worried before a fight, especially a big one, but i can just see from the article, the quotes from froch...he just seems unsure of himself and i sense that he's questioning his ability to compete with Ward. Froch is probably going to land a couple grazing shots, but that'll be about it. Whether Ward is smothering Froch, controlling range and distance and keeping Froch offset etc. He's not going to allow Froch to land shots, let alone establish any sort of rythm. And i feel that Froch has more boxing ability than given credit for, he's slower but makes up for it in timing. and has a decent jab, he's a fan friendly fighter who i enjoy watching. but Ward is going to shut him down. Ward is not a big puncher at all, but he's a very sharp and accurate one that delivers shots with speed and very good timing. And if Froch happens to land a good shot and stuns Ward, do any of you guys think he'll be able to sustain any kind offense on Ward when he goes into defensive mode? Highly unlikely. Expect Ward's orthodox jab (I feel he'll use this to time Froch coming in) and the southpaw straight left hand (his main shot throughout the fight to the head and body.) Ward 117-111 118-110.

Comment

carls a dead man...

Comment

Does Froch really think Ward is that soft?

Comment

This fight has Ward UD wrtten all over it. Always has done.

Its hard to get excited about a fight that you know which way it will go and how it unfolds. It will be ugly, alot of wrestling and frustration from Carl not being quick enough. Whatever head games he tries, the end result will remain the same.

Comment

Ward is too fast on his feet to be bullied around the ring by Froch. Froch ought to concentrate on jabbing to stunt Ward's movement, and what hard shots he throws, throw them to the body. Even though he has power, Froch isn't icing ward with a big shot. And Ward isn't the type to fold midway because he can't handle pressure. Walk him down, move him back with the jab, and when he's on teh ropes, hammer him to the body. I think that's Froch's best chance. Ward won't bend due to wild swings and misses, and Froch isn't fast enough to completely swarm him either.

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
                  This fight has Ward UD wrtten all over it. Always has done.

Its hard to get excited about a fight that you know which way it will go and how it unfolds. It will be ugly, alot of wrestling and frustration from Carl not being quick enough. Whatever head games he tries, the end result will remain the same.
                  Why does it have Ward UD written all over it? What has Ward done to show that he will definitely beat Froch?

His victory over Kessler was controversial and will forever have an asterisk against it. The refereeing in that fight was atrocious and anywhere else but Oakland he'd have been docked points or DQd for the head butts. Kessler is a warrior but he couldn't see for half the fight. Without the butts, it would have been a much more even contest. I'd back Kessler to win a rematch if it took place in Denmark.

Against Abraham, Ward did not pitch the shutout that Froch did and for the first several rounds when Arthur made a fist of it, it was an even contest. (I was very disappointed with AA's stamina in that fight, the way he was blowing at the end of round 4 made me really question his training and motivation.)

Who else? The Green win was ugly and Johnson subsequently showed us what Allan Green was made of. The Bika win was another laborious performance. Who else has Ward been in with that is close to the level Froch is at? Before the Super Six, Ward was fighting Miranda and Pudwill. Before the Super Six, Froch was fighting Pascal and Taylor. Kessler aside, there's a gulf of class between the calibre of opposition before and during the Super Six tournament.

I don't yet see the "greatness" that many have ordained Ward with. Top, elite fighters regularly look good against lesser opposition. Ward is winning ugly far too often for my liking. You have to go back tobefore the Super Six - the Pudwill fight - for an eye catching performance by Ward, and that guy was knocked out in 1 round by Duddy.

In saying all that, I think Froch is making a mistake if he thinks that Ward can't punch. On occasions, when he's in a good position, he has shown decent power. He is just more cautious than Froch so loads up less.

I have a lot of respect for Ward and I think the Froch vs Ward fight will be fascinating. It is just baffling to see so many people assume Ward will win this and the odds be in Wards favour when the records almost (but for the Kessler W/L) would indicate otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
                    Why does it have Ward UD written all over it? What has Ward done to show that he will definitely beat Froch?

His victory over Kessler was controversial and will forever have an asterisk against it. The refereeing in that fight was atrocious and anywhere else but Oakland he'd have been docked points or DQd for the head butts. Kessler is a warrior but he couldn't see for half the fight. Without the butts, it would have been a much more even contest. I'd back Kessler to win a rematch if it took place in Denmark.

Against Abraham, Ward did not pitch the shutout that Froch did and for the first several rounds when Arthur made a fist of it, it was an even contest. (I was very disappointed with AA's stamina in that fight, the way he was blowing at the end of round 4 made me really question his training and motivation.)

Who else? The Green win was ugly and Johnson subsequently showed us what Allan Green was made of. The Bika win was another laborious performance. Who else has Ward been in with that is close to the level Froch is at? Before the Super Six, Ward was fighting Miranda and Pudwill. Before the Super Six, Froch was fighting Pascal and Taylor. Kessler aside, there's a gulf of class between the calibre of opposition before and during the Super Six tournament.

I don't yet see the "greatness" that many have ordained Ward with. Top, elite fighters regularly look good against lesser opposition. Ward is winning ugly far too often for my liking. You have to go back tobefore the Super Six - the Pudwill fight - for an eye catching performance by Ward, and that guy was knocked out in 1 round by Duddy.

In saying all that, I think Froch is making a mistake if he thinks that Ward can't punch. On occasions, when he's in a good position, he has shown decent power. He is just more cautious than Froch so loads up less.

I have a lot of respect for Ward and I think the Froch vs Ward fight will be fascinating. It is just baffling to see so many people assume Ward will win this and the odds be in Wards favour when the records almost (but for the Kessler W/L) would indicate otherwise.

@charlieg,

I agree with alot of that but it still points to a win for Ward whether he deserves it or not. I'd love Carl to pull of an upset but he will need a KO fighting in America and can you honstely see that happening? He hasnt scored a KD in super 6 let alone a KO so can you really see him stopping an unbeaten champion? I cant.

If he doesnt get a KO then he cant win because no way are they going to give the decision to Froch regardless how well he does. Ward is their golden child who was destined to win this from the start and you can see from the treatement that Kessler got, that Froch will be fighting the ref and Ward in this fight.

As far as im concerned its a foregone conclusion and anything other than a Ward points win would be a major shock. If I had to make a 2nd prediction it would be Ward via cuts stoppage due to "accidental" headbutts.

Comment

Working...
                    X