Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: High Drama at the Finish: BoxingScene Round of the Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: High Drama at the Finish: BoxingScene Round of the Year

By Cliff Rold - While we recall fights in total, it is often easy to forget the form. A fight can end at any moment but, if it does not, it happens in increments.

Three-minute increments.

180-second increments.

In any one of those seconds, a single punch can change everything. Any ten of those seconds spent on the deck can spell the end. When a fighter has made it through eleven of those hellish blocks of time, fairly certain they are ahead, the final frame arrives. The finish line is close and yet so far.

This year’s round of the year came at the end of an epic Welterweight encounter. The man who came into the ring with the title was seeking redemption after what should have been his best night turned out to be his worst. Hurt early, and then again, and again, on the night, he’d still managed to win enough rounds to appear ahead in the bout. He had only to make it three more minutes against a brick handed challenger who went from underdog to rabid dog on March 16th, the most important night of his life. [Click Here To Read More]

I liked Figueroa-Nihito Arakawa better. Rd 12 of Bradley Ruslan was uneventful till the last 30 seconds. When Bradley went down it was clear he'd get up and the round would end. Awesome stuff nonetheless!

Comment

Great

Good stuff happy new year everybody

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        I liked Figueroa-Nihito Arakawa better.
        I did as well.

Comment

Good choice for winner.

Tapia-Kirkland was a close second for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            I liked Figueroa-Nihito Arakawa better. Rd 12 of Bradley Ruslan was uneventful till the last 30 seconds. When Bradley went down it was clear he'd get up and the round would end. Awesome stuff nonetheless!
            I turned off Figuero-Nihito. Both guys just stood there and took turns rattling each other's brains.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
              I turned off Figuero-Nihito. Both guys just stood there and took turns rattling each other's brains.
              Yeah that fight actually bored me lol

Comment

for me the best round was bey/molina round 10, awesome comeback

Comment

Working...
                X