Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Oscar de la Hoya dive against Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Oscar de la Hoya dive against Hopkins?

I was watching the fight last night with a couple of friends and it seems that bodyshot that Hopkins landed on DLH in the ninth round didn't seem to have too much power behind it. It also seems Hopkins throws it from a very weird limited angle but yet DLH couldn't get up for a long time. The way Hopkins trainer kept shouting out bodyshot bodyshot bodyshot, then 5 seconds later DLH goes down. Do you boxing fans think it was staged for DLH to take a dive or was it a good placed bodyshot and it was legit?

Those shots are supposed be crippling, but I actually do think he threw the fight.... or that he at least quit

Comment

I think he could have gotten up from that but decided to stay down because he knew he would have gotten embarrassed the rest of the fight. Hopkins was slowly beating fishnets up.

Comment

Oscar De La Hoya lost every big fight of his career. Looked about normal to me

Comment

A couple weeks later, Oscar and Poopkins are business partners. Go figure.

Comment

It wasn't Oscar's finest moment

When I first saw it happen, I was kind of weirded out by all the rolling around and floor punching. All that energy expended on that instead of standing up. He could have gotten up. Just seemed like a short body shot that didn't look like it had any true impact. Compared to something like Cotto vs Foreman where Foreman's entire right side of his body contorted after that hit.

Real suspect, but hey, its his image

Comment

Quit, maybe.

He didn't need to take a dive because he was not winning or going to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
                A couple weeks later, Oscar and Poopkins are business partners. Go figure.
                I rarely put my tin foil hat on but stuff like this surrounds De La Hoya
                Even to this day with the whole Broner being a top P4P for beating Perez

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post

When I first saw it happen, I was kind of weirded out by all the rolling around and floor punching. All that energy expended on that instead of standing up. He could have gotten up. Just seemed like a short body shot that didn't look like it had any true impact. Compared to something like Cotto vs Foreman where Foreman's entire right side of his body contorted after that hit.

Those are my exact thoughts when I see it

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post

Or maidana-Khan, or pac-margarito round 6.

Comment

"Did Oscar de la Hoya dive against Hopkins"

nope

Comment

Working...
                    X