No announcement yet.

Let's Be Honest, Floyd Mayweather Is The Reason 90% Of You Still Follow Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SaintDJT View Post
    The only way someone could make a thread like this is to start controversy. There is no human being on earth who is dumb enough to post something like this and actually believe it to be true.
    Exactly.

He wants attention. Just look at how long most of his posts are.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
      I didn't respond to anything you said because it was pointless.

And I have stuck to the topic by telling you how false and ******ed it is.
      You can't use the "i'm above debating this with you" card when you were the one who initiated the conversation. You threw rocks at the throne, got shot down, and now you're trying to duck and hide to save face. Hold your head in shame because that's what cowards do.

Comment

• It's weird as this site was so much better until the pac-tard was invented out of Floyd Mayweather's shadow. Bob Arum is good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
          This doesnt go for everyone on this site, but certainly the majority of you. There really isnt any other exciting fighters out there currently at the moment, and without Floyd being involved in this sport boxing would be incredibly bland right now.

For starts, the outstanding majority of you wouldnt check the latest news or frequent this site nearly as much (as evidenced by the fact that even Floyd's "haters" spend more time talking about him then they do about their own alleged favorite fighters). That's because there arent any fighters out there right now who can match his skill level or ability to create interest in the sport.

It should also be noted that if he decided to retire, PPV revenue would plummet to unseen lows. And to those of you who are gonna use the "Manny 'I have other people make my decisions for me' Pacquiao is still a big draw" card, the fact is that the reason he has so much hype behind him is because people are intrigued to see him fight Floyd. If you take Mayweather out of the equation, the interest in Pacquiao fades out.

I'm not saying that without him the sport would die out permanantly, because although no other fighter would be able to fill his shows right now (as far as boxing ability, camera savviness, and creating headlines goes), there will be others who will eventually rise to the top. But given boxings current state, and current crop of fighters out there right now, we're all incredibly lucky to have a fighter like Money Mayweather running the show. Without him this sport would be hurting worse than most of you probably care to admit.
          It actually took the fact that floyd retired for 2 years to make way for an exciting fighter like PAC to bring the sport back. Now floyd is riding on Mannys hype to make his money without actually fighting him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
            You can't use the "i'm above debating this with you" card when you were the one who initiated the conversation. You threw rocks at the throne, got shot down, and now you're trying to duck and hide to save face. Hold your head in shame because that's what cowards do.
            Dude. You sound ridiculous. Like a child.

This thread sucks. Like a child thread.

Comment

• He is popular.....so was Ali in his day, so was Liston, Tyson too. As they left the sport, someone else was there to take there places. The sport will go on...

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                He is popular.....so was Ali in his day, so was Liston, Tyson too. As they left the sport, someone else was there to take there places. The sport will go on...
                I do agree with your point but who took Tyson's spot???

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  I do agree with your point but who took Tyson's spot???
                  Oscar did. Just about the same time Tyson's popularity was dying down, Oscar's exploded.

Comment

• If no Mayweather, no funny flo mos comments to laugh at, dont let it end.... Boxingscene goes through Mayweather!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Oscar did. Just about the same time Tyson's popularity was dying down, Oscar's exploded.
                      Agreed... I think I was keeping my thought process towards heavyweights..

Comment

Working...
                      X