Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Lampley: "Khan has a better chance of beating Mayweather than Pacquiao does"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
    i think Khan could give Mayweather some problems for a few rounds because of his speed, jab, height, and length...BUT once Mayweather gets him timed he will be in real trouble and I believe ready to be stopped somewhere around the 10th. Khan has a tendency to jump/leap in on offense and against a guy with Mayweather's precision punching/timing that is going to end badly. mayweather would start walking Khan down somewhere around the 5th round and it would be downhill for Khan after that. this fight would really show Khan's lack of an inside game and just how strong Mayweather's inside game really is.
    This. Word for word.

If Khan is well organised he can stretch out those first "few" rounds to maybe six, in my opinion, and then we have a very interesting fight.

I love Khan but I'm a dirty raging ***** too so I would pay double to see this PPV.

Comment

good points by everyone, and just to add one more. Beating Mayweather starts with a good jab, which is Khan's biggest weapon and something Pacquiao does not have. I think Lampley made a great point in saying Khan would have "the ability to operate behind the really offensive jab". I think what seperates Khan's jab from a lot of boxers is that he uses it offensively, not just to set things up. If they ever fought, Khan would be popping that jab in Mayweather's face all night long, unlike De La Hoya who only did it for 6 rounds. and Mayweather would not be able to counter it as easily as he would Pac's predictable style

the jab alone gives Khan a better chance, not to mention the other advantages as well

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        Khan does, but his chin doesn't. Mayweather knocks him out. I know Mayweather isn't a big puncher, but Khan moves up and takes a counter to the chin, he's gone.

If Pacquiao has one more fight in him and doesnt look like **** like against Mosley and Marquez, he can still win. Mayweather is a great counter puncher but at the same time is defensive first, that's a lot of time for Pac to land greazy shots and rack up points. Mayweather will only pot shot, and set up single punch counters. If you swarm him he won't fight back, hell shell roll and turtle on the ropes and look to re align himself.
        Sorry, but this is silly. You don't seem to understand what counter-punching is. Pacquiao fans like to pass offf their dreams(illogical for the most part) of what they hope will happen, for intelligent analysis of what is likely to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
          ..... And so it begins! The rise of the Khantards, coming soon to a boxing forum near you!!!!!
          lmao....true

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
            ..... And so it begins! The rise of the Khantards, coming soon to a boxing forum near you!!!!!
            That Indian is the truth..............don't hate!

Comment

Stylistically Khan could cause mayweather problems but manny is the one who has put the fear if god into mayweather so there must be a reason behind that,i still think floyd would beat both pac and khan,but his lack of balls wont allow that too happen

Comment

Originally posted by Dunkeroo23 View Post
                http://www.hbo.com/boxing/fights/201...-overview.html

"A year ago, you'd have laughed me out for suggesting this, but even I had a hunch, and now I'm going to go ahead and say it: I think ultimately Khan has a better chance of beating Mayweather than Pacquiao does," Lampley opined. "I think his height and his long arms and the ability to operate behind the really offensive jab, those things would give him a better chance, stylistically, than Pacquiao has. It's going to be a matter of timing, but just from the standpoint of his weaponry, to me, Amir has a better shot. That could be a tremendous overestimation of his talent and I could look foolish for saying it, but I just feel like he's getting better every single day and the other two guys can feel it"
                Originally posted by LBJ2010 View Post
                agree. Pac only knows one way to fight. Khan will at least be able to stand and box with Mayweather
                Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                it's true..........
                Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                I've said this for months
                Originally posted by Paclan View Post
                Khan would give mayweather a lot of problems and is on the rise

Mayweather would gave pac a lot of problems and pac is on the decline

I agree
                Originally posted by Chups View Post
                I agree........he's younger and not 1-dimensional. Pac has no chance.
                Originally posted by CantBeTouched View Post
                COMPLETELY agree with this statement. I've always said it for years, the only way to beat Mayweather is to box him, but unfortunately, no one has the ability to do that, so they have to try to rough him up.

Khan is the only fighter out there that has the ability to stand in the middle of the ring and box with Mayweather. Pacquiao, as great a fighter as he is, simply can't do that. He doesn't have the size, reach, nor skill. His only option would be to attack Mayweather, which simply leaves him more open to counters
                Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                I agree, I've been saying this the last year, Khan is much faster and dynamic then Pacquiao.
                Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                Amir can handle any style. Any.

Manny can't.

That's the big difference.
                Originally posted by PACsmash View Post
                come to think of it, khan does have a slightly better chance at beating floyd because of their style.. both khan and floyd would probably be staring at eachother most of the time telling the other one to throw first so the other can counter lol..
                Originally posted by LBJ2010 View Post
                good points by everyone, and just to add one more. Beating Mayweather starts with a good jab, which is Khan's biggest weapon and something Pacquiao does not have. I think Lampley made a great point in saying Khan would have "the ability to operate behind the really offensive jab". I think what seperates Khan's jab from a lot of boxers is that he uses it offensively, not just to set things up. If they ever fought, Khan would be popping that jab in Mayweather's face all night long, unlike De La Hoya who only did it for 6 rounds. and Mayweather would not be able to counter it as easily as he would Pac's predictable style

the jab alone gives Khan a better chance, not to mention the other advantages as well
                quoted for truth

Comment

Hell NO. Khan has nothing for Floyd anytime soon. Pac still has that Southpaw thing going for him, mad speed, and mad power, with also a ton of big fight experince. I have been saying this for years and I will say it again. I dont see any righty beating a prime Floyd unless he is just so much bigger & stronger that Floyd cant do alot of things. Other then that, I think Floyd has mastered his Defense against righties and none will hit him clean.

Greats like JMM & Mosley land like 2 good clean punches the whole fight and everyone goes crazy. That was against a rusty, inactive Floyd. If he's active then that wont even land those. I just cant see a righty landing on him clean. I also think that jab stuff is so overblown. Thats not going to work against Floyd. People by that Oscar crap too much. 1st off Floyd was much more worried about Oscar's hook and he wanted to take that away. Oscar also didnt jab that much.

Alot of people say that if Oscar wouldve stayed with the jab then he couldve won but the truth is that it was effective because he didnt use it that much. If he used it alot then Floyd wouldve taken it away. Most of all, that was just Floyd's 1st time on the big big big stage while also fighting against a big guy at at weight he was clearly worried about and didnt know if the punches would effect him or not. If he had that same fight with that same version of Oscar right now, it looks totally different and Oscar's jab doesnt do ****, just like Khan's wont

Comment

it seems like most people give Khan the better shot anyway, and he wants the fight and doesn't hide behind Bob Arum, and he is willing to take any test, so **** Pacquiao!

Mayweather Khan May 5th 2012!!

while Pacquiao can go "beat" Marquez a 4th time

Comment

Originally posted by Dunkeroo23 View Post
                      http://www.hbo.com/boxing/fights/201...-overview.html

"A year ago, you'd have laughed me out for suggesting this, but even I had a hunch, and now I'm going to go ahead and say it: I think ultimately Khan has a better chance of beating Mayweather than Pacquiao does," Lampley opined. "I think his height and his long arms and the ability to operate behind the really offensive jab, those things would give him a better chance, stylistically, than Pacquiao has. It's going to be a matter of timing, but just from the standpoint of his weaponry, to me, Amir has a better shot. That could be a tremendous overestimation of his talent and I could look foolish for saying it, but I just feel like he's getting better every single day and the other two guys can feel it"
                      Two questions:

Why does Jim want floyd to lose so much? I thought he was an objective announcer?

Why do people who love Manny so much like Jim suddenly think he can't beat floyd just because of the JMM fight? Manny won by a wider margin then he did the other fights with JMM. Manny is the same fighter he was before the JMM 3 fight, except he is now 2-0-1 agaisnt him.

Comment

Working...
                      X