No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Early Solo Boxeo Results From Pharr, Tx

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Early Solo Boxeo Results From Pharr, Tx

By Jake Donovan - Jerry Belmontes puts his undefeated record on the line when he faces Ramesis Gil tonight at the Convention Center in Pharr, Texas. The bout airs live on Telefutura Solo Boxeo Tecate. [Click Here To Read More]

Odlianer Solis won a UD over the journeyman Arich and looked terrible in doing so, fat, slow and can't see any future for him especially as the power seems to be gone.

Comment

slow and lethargic makes sense, especially if that 267 1/2 listed weight by boxrec.com is accurate

pretty heavy for Solis

Comment

Tye fields took out airich in under 2 minutes with a body shot...solis got some much needed rounds in but I never saw this one going 12 rounds to be honest. Too early to write solis off. Just needs to shed more weight.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          Tye fields took out airich in under 2 minutes with a body shot...solis got some much needed rounds in but I never saw this one going 12 rounds to be honest. Too early to write solis off. Just needs to shed more weight.
          I didn't watch the fight. From the little I've read about it, Solis's career may have lost some promise. Odlanier won a wide UD, but most of us expected a KO. It's possible that Solis's camp simply wanted him to get a feel for the ring after such a long layoff. I agree that it's too early to tell where Odlanier's career is headed; but his first fight back doesn't seem too encouraging.

Comment

Solis @ almost 270 was old , slow w/really, noordination vs a class C guy...he is not/never was a top 10 guy in the weakest division in boxing...Fields win? who cares 4 a guy w/a glass jaw...a taller version of Butterbean...

Comment

Good for him

After 14 month off and three reconstructive operations on his right knee, this is something good for him.
              Now try to lose some weight, two more fights on this year will keep him on the right track. For the most needed 220-230lb, I do not know if he has the hart to get there, but all the best.

Comment

Working...
              X