No announcement yet.

Should Abril-Broner Be For The Ring Championship

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Abril-Broner Be For The Ring Championship

With the new rules its entirely possible it will be... Whether yes or no state your case for either
    Yes
    47.62%
    No
    52.38%

Poll added.....

Comment

No. Miguel Vazquez would have to be the opponent. JMO

Comment

I say, yes. Based on the rules:

1. Broner beat DeMarco (now #3) the #1 guy at 135 already

2. Burns (#4) decided to fight a bum in January instead of take the Broner fight in February

3. Broner and Vasquez (#2) can't come to terms for some reason (both sides have publicly made their excuses)

Abril is the next guy on the list and ranked in the top 5 so the only issue is whether Abril is worthy enough.

He schooled Rios (WBA acknowledges this) who is top 5 at 140 and was once ranked top 5 at 135 (I think) and his only two losses are close, split decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          I say, yes. Based on the rules:

1. Broner beat DeMarco (now #3) the #1 guy at 135 already

2. Burns (#4) decided to fight a bum in January instead of take the Broner fight in February

3. Broner and Vasquez (#2) can't come to terms for some reason (both sides have publicly made their excuses)

Abril is the next guy on the list and ranked in the top 5 so the only issue is whether Abril is worthy enough.

He schooled Rios (WBA acknowledges this) who is top 5 at 140 and was once ranked top 5 at 135 (I think) and his only two losses are close, split decisions.
          Do tell. Because I've heard nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            Do tell. Because I've heard nothing.
            This is from Ring Magazine:

Golden Boy matchmaker Eric Gomez, however, said that Vazquez's camp bypassed an offer to fight Broner, who defeated DeMarco instead.

"Before we fought DeMarco, I offered [promoter] Fernando Beltran the fight earlier this year to fight Adrien Broner, and they turned down $350,000 for that fight," said Gomez. "Fernando Beltran said that he was the co-promoter for Vazquez, and he turned down that offer.
            http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...shot-at-broner

Just fill in the blanks there.

And Vasquez side says Broner wanted too much money, I think. Typical back and forth negotiating BS.

Comment

Abril was robbed against Rios who everyone considered the best lightweight so I don't see the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                Abril was robbed against Rios who everyone considered the best lightweight so I don't see the problem.
                Who is this everyone you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  This is from Ring Magazine:

http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...shot-at-broner

Just fill in the blanks there.

And Vasquez side says Broner wanted too much money, I think. Typical back and forth negotiating BS.
                  I didn't see anything in that article about a comment from Team Vazquez PB.... It could be out there though because before you linked me there I was like Phantom and didn't hear anything

Comment

Abril could have wins over Rios, Acosta, and Lundy. I don't see the problem, though I think the rules should be 1-3, not 1-5 for the RING title.

Comment

Working...
                    X