No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gerber and Dirks Decide To End Their Boxing Runs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gerber and Dirks Decide To End Their Boxing Runs

Sauerland Event matchmaker Hagen Doering confirmed reports that heavyweight Edmund Gerber (23-2, 14KOs) and light heavyweight Dustin Dirks (27-1-1, 20KOs) have retired.

Dirks was knocked out by Oleksandr Cherviak in the tenth round in April and then went to a very dissapoiunt eight round draw with Tomas Adamek (not the popluar two divisin world champion) in August.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jerck will not be happy about this.

Comment

interesting move by gerber but after losses to sprott & chisora I guess he realized he had gone as far as he could in the sport & got out before he got hurt. it wouldn't surprise me if the abdusalamov situation will get other HWs thinking about early retirements when they get as far as they can go. tye fields did the same after the wach fight. he knew he had gone as far as he could in the sport so he called it a day. good luck to both theses guys...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        interesting move by gerber but after losses to sprott & chisora I guess he realized he had gone as far as he could in the sport & got out before he got hurt. it wouldn't surprise me if the abdusalamov situation will get other HWs thinking about early retirements when they get as far as they can go. tye fields did the same after the wach fight. he knew he had gone as far as he could in the sport so he called it a day. good luck to both theses guys...
        Definitely makes sense for Gerber.

Unless he was popular enough for a promoter to match him against a certain type of opposition for the rest of his career. The moment he turned up in London to Del Boy that really must have been **** or bust.

Good luck to him!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          Definitely makes sense for Gerber.

Unless he was popular enough for a promoter to match him against a certain type of opposition for the rest of his career. The moment he turned up in London to Del Boy that really must have been **** or bust.

Good luck to him!
          he lost to a british contender & a britsh journeyman with 20 losses. I think he realized he isn't getting much further then domestic level so he called it a day much like fellow german steffen kretchmann...

Comment

Maybe he has qualifications and feels he would rather earn good money by not getting his ass handed to him by mediocre opposition in a boxing ring.

the dude should have retired after the Sprott defeat,or hung his head in shame.who knows what he was thinking lining up Chisora,when he couldn't beat the other Brit.

Comment

Gerber is big fraud. Glad he's retired because he was destined to go down the Owen Beck route. His record is very tainted. He's lost more than twice, I'm telling you..

Did not see this from Dirks. He's regressed though so whatever.

Comment

Working...
              X