No announcement yet.

World Muslim Population Doubling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Muslim Population Doubling

This is just part of the article, good read though. Here's the rest if anyone is interested.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/0...ojects/?hpt=C1

Twenty years ago, the world had about 1.1 billion Muslims. Twenty years from now, it will have about twice as many - and they'll represent more than a quarter of all people on earth, according to a new study released Thursday.

That's a rise from less than 20 percent in 1990.

Pakistan will overtake Indonesia as home of the largest number of Muslims, as its population pushes over 256 million, the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life projects.

The number of Muslims in the United States will more than double, to 6.2 million, it anticipates.

Afghanistan's population will nearly double, to about 50.5 million, making it home to the ninth largest Muslim population in the world.

Israel will become nearly a quarter Muslim. The Palestinian territories have one of the highest growth rates in the world.

Fractious Nigeria, where Christian-Muslim violence has left thousands dead in the past decade, will become a Muslim-majority country by 2030, the Pew Forum projects.

And two western European countries - France and Belgium - will become more than 10 percent Muslim. Sweden will hover just below that level, at 9.9 percent.

Iran, on the other hand, will see very slow growth. Iranian women have among the fewest children of anyone in the Muslim world. They use birth control at exactly the same rate as American women, 73 percent.

That's great!

Comment

there's a lot of fukn going on.

Comment

Nigeria is already majority Muslim and has pretty much always been.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          Yea, I was reading another article and it was saying that the only reason that in America the birth rate is still on the positive side was primarily because of the Latino community. Because if you only counted anglo Americans, it would be very low.

So you can thank all us Mexicans for fuking so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            Yea, I was reading another article and it was saying that the only reason that in America the birth rate is still on the positive side was primarily because of the Latino community. Because if you only counted anglo Americans, it would be very low.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post

Yeah I'm currently reading America Alone by Mark Steyn - amazing book, and my stance on immigration from the south has changed once again. From not giving a crap either way, to concern once unemployment hit double digits, to presently thinking it is necessary to keep us from going the way of Japan - declining and aging.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                Not sure but there's some story going .............

Comment

how the **** are they gonna know whats gonna happen in 5, 10, 15 or 20 years from now. the world changes. hell why not go any further? i guess 1.000 years from now there will be 947 billion muslims living in pakistan. i mean based on the numbers from the past 5 years.

also currently we have about 7 billion people on this planet. i think this number went up from 1 billion (around 1920) to like i said 7 billion in 2010. does that mean we will have 14 billion people in about 50-100 years? and in about 200 years we will have 20+ billion people living on this planet? how stupid do you have to be to actually pay somebody to write this type of stuff? i want that job now

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                    how the **** are they gonna know whats gonna happen in 5, 10, 15 or 20 years from now. the world changes. hell why not go any further? i guess 1.000 years from now there will be 947 billion muslims living in pakistan. i mean based on the numbers from the past 5 years.

also currently we have about 7 billion people on this planet. i think this number went up from 1 billion (around 1920) to like i said 7 billion in 2010. does that mean we will have 14 billion people in about 50-100 years? and in about 200 years we will have 20+ billion people living on this planet? how stupid do you have to be to actually pay somebody to write this type of stuff? i want that job now
                    You would have to be even more stupid not to understand what projections mean and how statisticians can determine these numbers based on studies they do from year to year.

It's the same way we can tell things like oil, food and water consumption and things of that nature. When to cut back, when we have excess....

Comment

Working...
                    X