No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John Murray’s Vow: “I Will Avenge The Mitchell Loss!”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: John Murray’s Vow: “I Will Avenge The Mitchell Loss!”

John Murray and Kevin Mitchell closed out the boxing season on July 16th by making good on their promises to tear the roof off Liverpool’s ECHO Arena when going toe-to-toe to see who would move into world title waters. The WBO Inter-Continental lightweight title bout came hot on the heels of a number of high profile, bad blood fights involving British boxers yet both Murray and Mitchell eschewed trash talk in favor of forming a mutual appreciation society ahead of the first bell and then going to war as soon as it rang.

[Click Here To Read More]

Unfortunately for Murray I believe at best he is European level. He's not the sort of fighter I see being able to make adjustments or change his style so I don't see how he can avenge the loss against Mitchell. I do hope depending on how Mitchell progresses from now on that we do get a rematch at some point as it was a brilliant mix of styles and a great fight.

Comment

I would love to see these two scrap it out again.

I don't think it really benefits Kevin unless Murray gets some good wins under his belt.

But, at the same time, Murray gave Mitchell the oppurtunity to come back and fight him straight away. So I think Kev will honour that and give him a rematch. Whether he's Champion by then or not (Probably not)

Comment

Working...
      X