Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fighter has the worst haters on boxingscene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say Wlad. I'm not a fan of Wlad myself, and I think a lot of his fights are boring. But people act like the guy isn't even close to a top 10 heavyweight and would be a journeyman in any other era. This just isn't true.

Comment

There are some legit reasons to hate a lot of those fighters on the poll.

I don't see why Cotto is on the list, but I think Wlad gets a lot of unfair treatment. It's not his fault his division is crap and the only decent contenders aren't ready to fight him.

I am not a fan of the Klitschko bros, but they are the best we have going in the heavyweight division.

I'd rather see two talented and skilled champions rule a weak division than see two shitty champions rule a weak division.

I know he's not on the list, but I can't see why people hate Paul Williams so much.

Comment

I'm gonna say Lopez gets the worst hate. No, he doesn't get as much hate as the Klitchkos, Floyd, or most of those guys you list but Lopez gets the most unwarranted hate. Lopez has done nothing to make someone hate him. He does nothing but put on a great show every time out, yet gets a good amount of hate. I'm not a big Lopez fan but any hate is too much because he hasn't done anything to deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
          I know he's not on the list, but I can't see why people hate Paul Williams so much.
          I like PWill, but I can understand why some don't. For one thing they feel he is over-hyped and that he hasn't done nearly enough to justify his P4P ranking. For another, they think he has a lot of hubris, calling himself the most feared fighter, and is riding for a fall. Then, they think he lacks the skills to back up the hype: that he mainly relies on workrate and heart; doesn't make any use of his height advantage, doesn't know how to control distance, and has almost no defence. Finally, they dislike the way HBO have underwritten his career, without building up a local fanbase, so that he can't sell out any arena, yet gets big HBO paydays.

Those are all rational reasons, and even though I like him, I don't think he gets irrational hate the way many other boxers like Mayweather, Pacquiao and the Klitschkos do. (On the subject of Mayweather, there are some rational reasons why people dislike him, but a lot of the hate for him is completely irrational).
          Last edited by Dave Rado; 10-25-2010, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
            I think Wladimir Klitschko and Amir Khan receive the greatest amount of undeserved hatred: Khan because he's a Muslim of Pakistani heritage; and Wlad because he's a white heavyweight champion from a former Soviet republic.

They are hated due to some people's ignorance, racism and bigotry.
            Lol your the most racist sensible person here...Like a KKK member with a bachelors degree...

Comment

funny how some floyd fans bitch and whine about floyd being hated.

i thought he wants to be hated? that the arrogant ass that is "money" is all an act? and it doesn't matter that people pay to see him lose as long as they pay?

if that's the case then he is getting exactly what he wants.. so stop crying.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
                funny how some floyd fans bitch and whine about floyd being hated.

i thought he wants to be hated? that the arrogant ass that is "money" is all an act? and it doesn't matter that people pay to see him lose as long as they pay?

if that's the case then he is getting exactly what he wants.. so stop crying.
                you guys hate floyd the most according to the poll

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                  you guys hate floyd the most according to the poll
                  but its all an act right?

why bitch when floyd is getting what he wants?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
                    but its all an act right?

why bitch when floyd is getting what he wants?
                    i think the ts is a klitschko fan...

Comment

Floyd by far. Its okay to criticize the guys antics outside the ring but some people practically devote their lives to hating on the guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X