No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Abraham, Bouadla Vow Victory at Final Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Abraham, Bouadla Vow Victory at Final Presser

The tension is building! Will Arthur Abraham (35-3, 27 KOs) be successful in his first defense of the WBO Crown against Mehdi Bouadla (26-4, 11 KOs)? If it is up to Promoter Kalle Sauerland, Abraham's super-middleweight reign will be just as successful as he was during his days at the middlewight. Back then, the prodigy of coach Ulli Wegner defended the IBF Belt on ten occasions before he took the step up to the higher weight class.

[Click Here To Read More]

I dont know who AA is fooling when saying that he had too steep a learning curve and went straight in against the best at SMW.

His start at the weight was terrific. First an impressive win against Miranda in the US. Then a brutal KO of Jermain Taylor to start the s6. All good. Then an unsatisfactory DQ loss to Dirrell followed by schoolings at the hands of Froch in particular and André Ward.

Point is that AA is a good to very good fighter, but he is a little below the elite. A controversial points win over Stieglitz doesn't change that.

Whatever. I still very much like to see him fight and look forward to see if he can stop the tough Bouadla before the final bell.

Comment

I don't know why they chose the clubfighter Bouadla, who was easily beaten by Kessler. It's not an interesting fight and I won't be watching it.

There's a couple of better matchups on the undercard: Gerber-Sprott and Masternak-Haapoja, I'll watch those.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        I don't know why they chose the clubfighter Bouadla, who was easily beaten by Kessler. It's not an interesting fight and I won't be watching it.

There's a couple of better matchups on the undercard: Gerber-Sprott and Masternak-Haapoja, I'll watch those.
        Bouadla is certainly not qualified and definetely not at this weight. His best result is that he is one of only three to go the distance with Golovkin.

Comment

I still have to know - how are you supposed to pronounce "Culcay"?

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
            I still have to know - how are you supposed to pronounce "Culcay"?
            I suppose that if an anglon says 'coolhcarj' you'd be close.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              I suppose that if an anglon says 'coolhcarj' you'd be close.
              Whoa, so it's not "Kul-chay", "Kul-kay" or "Kul-say"? Maybe he's related to Macaulay Culkin. Even the name Kratingdaenggym makes more sense linguistically. :laff2:

Comment

Andre Ward gets crap for fighting Pavlik after his monster run of opponents, so Abraham certainly deserves criticism for fighting this mediocre foe.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                  Whoa, so it's not "Kul-chay", "Kul-kay" or "Kul-say"? Maybe he's related to Macaulay Culkin. Even the name Kratingdaenggym makes more sense linguistically. :laff2:
                  Maybe Coolkay is closer.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    A controversial points win over Stieglitz doesn't change that.
                    was it? I thought he won a close fight but to me it seemed like he was the hometown favorite. Seeing as how they had the belt already right next to him right when they announced the decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X