No announcement yet.

Too harsh on Pacman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too harsh on Pacman?

Mayweather, Pacquiao and Marquez fan here.

Do you think many people are being too hard on Pacquiao? I hear many questioning his accomplishments, calling him b class fighter, overrated, making fun of him, etc.

He just fought a great fighter who gives him style fits a fourth time. Its like giving a fighter every chance to finally beat you until they do.

Some are even talking as if Pac's round robin with Barrera, Morales a and Marquez or his rise through the welterweights meant nothing.

Pacman didnt need this fight. Money was probably the driving factor for Arum (Manny does say Arum controls who he fights and boxers are just gorillas to Arum) Manny seems like a genuine honest guy who likes to compete and have fun. He has been obedient to his promoter and has mad good money. No one is invincible. If you've allowed yourself to believe that, then that's your issue.

Yeah, the haters are out. Let them look like morons and have their little circle jerk threads where they pretend Pac is a bum and this should count as something for Floyd.

Comment

haters will hate....Pac was pretty much controlling the fight, he was starting to put some punishment on marquez and got caught clean. If they had a rematch, I would favour pac to win.

It happens, sometimes you get caught with the perfect punch, ask duran

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Yeah, the haters are out. Let them look like morons and have their little circle jerk threads where they pretend Pac is a bum and this should count as something for Floyd.
        Based on the discussion after the fight, I get the impression most of these guys don't know much about the sport beyond the Pacweather fan rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
          Mayweather, Pacquiao and Marquez fan here.

Do you think many people are being too hard on Pacquiao? I hear many questioning his accomplishments, calling him b class fighter, overrated, making fun of him, etc.

He just fought a great fighter who gives him style fits a fourth time. Its like giving a fighter every chance to finally beat you until they do.

Some are even talking as if Pac's round robin with Barrera, Morales a and Marquez or his rise through the welterweights meant nothing.

Pacman didnt need this fight. Money was probably the driving factor for Arum (Manny does say Arum controls who he fights and boxers are just gorillas to Arum) Manny seems like a genuine honest guy who likes to compete and have fun. He has been obedient to his promoter and has mad good money. No one is invincible. If you've allowed yourself to believe that, then that's your issue.
          I came on this morning and saw threads about manny being a bum and how this fight hurts floyds legacy. This is what permeates nsb now on a daily basis and its pathetic. JMM just had a great ko win and manny a huge defeat. It doesn't make manny's career any less. That's the kind of ******ed logic this board could use much much less of.

Comment

i don't think people are hard on manny. they are going hard on his fans though and deservedly so.

Comment

Originally posted by k1llu View Post
              i don't think people are hard on manny. they are going hard on his fans though and deservedly so.
              Pretty much this ^^^^^

I might come across as a pac hater but I genuinely felt bad for the guy. Its just a big kick in the teeth to the t.a.r.d.s at the moment and everyone is going to milk it. Pacfans turned a lot of people off of pac.

I wish pac a speedy recovery

Comment

People were waiting on pacquiaos downfall Just like they wait for mayweathers downfall. I wanted marquez to win but i had no idea that he'd win in that fashion i was actually shocked to see pacquiao in that state

Comment

Still an ATG for sure and one of the best fighters of his era.

Comment

People severely overrate him in some aspects (fanatics) and underrate others (haters). Honestly anyone calling him a bum or the greatest to ever lace them up you can place in one of those two categories. He fought a great fight, I had him ahead prior to him being KO'd. His big flaw imo is he lacks the ring IQ to adapt extremely well, which is why boxers give him so much trouble. He has a plan coming in and sticks with it, which isn't always the best case. That being said... on point with your thread, the harshness is there to balance out the non stop almost troll like invincible aura of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X