Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder on the mitts with Mark Breland (looking brolic!)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
    He needs to bulk up his legs man.
    he doesnt need to bulk up anything. hes a naturally slim guy, his legs can be skinny as hell and still really strong.

what he needs to do is learn how to fight, anything physical can be put aside. hes already a beast from physical standpoint. he needs to build his skills up which are still very unimpressive.

dude looks stiff and tight and i dont like his hand positioning at all. he knows very little about how to block or parry punches, no headmovement and poor footwork. no defense in other words and a very basic offense.

his boxing IQ seems low, he doesnt use feints or angles at all and even his jab isnt really used to the extent that it should.

hes still beating guys on pure athletisism, everyone is calling for him to step up bu he isnt ready. whats troublesome is he doesnt seem to be improving much imo. i like breland but im starting to think he isnt the right guy for wilder.

Comment

[QUOTE=damuttz112;12804508]He needs to bulk up his legs man.[/QUOTE

The anatomy of people's body physique is different. Some guys not matter what legs will not get bulky. I know guy's including myself who works legs all the time, and never get muscular/ mass. I'm pretty sure Wilder's legs are muscular, just doesn't have the mass. Wilder doesn't even look thick, he's just ripped which appears to make you look bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
        he doesnt need to bulk up anything. hes a naturally slim guy, his legs can be skinny as hell and still really strong.

what he needs to do is learn how to fight, anything physical can be put aside. hes already a beast from physical standpoint. he needs to build his skills up which are still very unimpressive.

dude looks stiff and tight and i dont like his hand positioning at all. he knows very little about how to block or parry punches, no headmovement and poor footwork. no defense in other words and a very basic offense.

his boxing IQ seems low, he doesnt use feints or angles at all and even his jab isnt really used to the extent that it should.

hes still beating guys on pure athletisism, everyone is calling for him to step up bu he isnt ready. whats troublesome is he doesnt seem to be improving much imo. i like breland but im starting to think he isnt the right guy for wilder.
        Dead on! That's what I'm trying to get guys to understand

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          I think he needs to lay off the weights because he's going to start being way too bully.

He's never going to be a 245+ guy like price, fury and the klitschko Brothers, he just doesn't have the frame for it, he's tall and skinny.

He should just come in at 235 and try and trade on speed
          He already looks like he's about 235/230. I agree he shouldn't bulk up too much, just build a strong neck and focus on creating fast twitching muscles.

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          He look dreadful
          Still a huge step up from the cab drivers and janitors he's been fighting.

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post

You said it all, he's not very skilled and if he doesn't improve he will get found out as soon as he fights a top 20 guy. Manny Steward would have been the perfect trainer for him if he was still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            He already looks like he's about 235/230. I agree he shouldn't bulk up too much, just build a strong neck and focus on creating fast twitching muscles.

Still a huge step up from the cab drivers and janitors he's been fighting.

You said it all, he's not very skilled and if he doesn't improve he will get found out as soon as he fights a top 20 guy. Manny Steward would have been the perfect trainer for him if he was still alive.
            Couldn't have put it any better!

Comment

Breland still looks great.

Comment

And yet he'll fall like Mitchell....

Comment

I would love to see Wilder fight John McDermott, because odds are that McDermott would give him a schooling while edcuating the casual fans about the lack of correlation between physique and boxing skill in the process

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
                    I would love to see Wilder fight John McDermott, because odds are that McDermott would give him a schooling while edcuating the casual fans about the lack of correlation between physique and boxing skill in the process
                    I agree with what your trying to say but Mcdermotts isnt the one dude...

Him against Wilder looks alot like him against Price...

Comment

Working...
                    X