Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Kostya Tzyu

But I guess he ducked Floyd too. Everyone ducked him
    Dirk floyd wasn't always this floyd. Pre ODH he was the guy begging Kosta, SHane and ODH for fights and they wouldn't give it to him. So I get your sarcasm but lets not act like floyd has been "money may" his whole career.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
      I would have loved to see him fight Kostya, but his career was over by 2002 pretty much with all of his layoffs and surgery.
      He was the best fighter at 140lbs regardless of whatever "rankings" you're talking about.

Rankings are opinions. Everyone has them.

Cotto isn't the best Junior Middleweight in the world. I dont know how anyone can believe that.

Comment

He was the best fighter at 140lbs regardless of whatever "rankings" you're talking about.

Rankings are opinions. Everyone has them.

Cotto isn't the best Junior Middleweight in the world. I dont know how anyone can believe that.
        I agree he was the best at 140. Which is why I left 140 out

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Dirk floyd wasn't always this floyd. Pre ODH he was the guy begging Kosta, SHane and ODH for fights and they wouldn't give it to him. So I get your sarcasm but lets not act like floyd has been "money may" his whole career.
          Im quite aware of him calling them out. But we all know that public call outs mean fuk all really. Publicity stunts just like his last one.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Exactly. Hatton was a bigger name and Tzyu sold his title to him in Manchester instead and swfitly retired.

Not too hard to see what happened there.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
              Exactly. Hatton was a bigger name and Tzyu sold his title to him in Manchester instead and swfitly retired.

Not too hard to see what happened there.
              You mean Gatti was the bigger name and thats why Mayweather went after his paper belt (Floyd's words) instead?

Comment

Im not sure if its a benefit to him to just so happen to have weak champs to fight at those points in time. Its good in the sense he can win a belt, but historically for his legacy wise im not too sure it helps him in anyway.

I mean Gatti at 140 isnt the hardest fight ever is it? Hatton would have been better on his resume at 140 but Pac got that one.

Comment

You mean Gatti was the bigger name and thats why Mayweather went after his paper belt (Floyd's words) instead?
                  I actually met floyd and sat next to gatti on the plane home when ODH fought BHop. Floyd said the plan was to fight Gatti. Gatti said the same. They had a long range plan to meet each other to maximize profit. Floyd and Kosta should have gotten it on after the Gatti fight.

SO when floyd is begging all the best guys to fight, its a PR stunt. Is that why they turned him down? or was it because floyd was too much risk no reward back then?

Comment

Huh? Hatton landed the Tzyu fight instead of Floyd. This is surprising to you?

Hmm...for my last fight- fight for millions in Manchester or fight for a million in a 7000 seat arena?

Comment

Hatton & cotto didnt want none at 140lbs, pac got hatton after his first L which takes alot off the shine off.

Comment

Working...
                      X