No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant Would Rather See Pacquiao Bypass Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merchant Would Rather See Pacquiao Bypass Bradley

The next fight for Manny Pacquiao appears to be close to finalized, as Top Rank promoter Bob Arum recently met with the eight-division champion in his native Philippines to discuss his November 10th return.

Set to again grace the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, Pacquiao was said to have three realistic options at this point, including return encounters with Juan Manuel Marquez and Miguel Cotto, as well as a rematch with WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley. Bradley upset Pacquiao on June 9th via split-decision but the fight was extremely controversial, with the public overwhelmingly giving the edge to Manny after twelve rounds.
    Speaking with HBO analyst Larry Merchant about Pacquiao's future, he admits that it is the Bradley fight that he would last like to see at this point.

[Click Here To Read More]

Whoa this is weird... I actually agree with Larry.

Comment

I don't know about the conspiracy theories..... But I don't want to see Pac-Bradley 2 cause I think Pac clearly won..... The other options we've seen..... I think Larry has a point..... It's time for some fresh blood

Comment

Merchant is right, Pacquiao needs someone who actually wants to WIN in spectacular fashion and come to fight not box and move.

Its funny everytime Mayweather fights he has guys who just fight him super aggressive he is lucky cause he doesn't have to worry about fighting slick boxers because even guys like Marquez play into his game and become the aggressor.

With Pacquiao ever since he destroyed anyone who came at him aggressive they now want to get on their track shoes like James Toney always says these guys just want to run laps and not fight.

I think put Pac in against Maidana or Matthysse. At least if one of those guys wins the fans will be satisfied because two warriors are in the ring with Pac, the casual fan respects a guy who wins by knock out or pressure its the truth.

Comment

It's all up to Manny. If the competitive spirit in him feels he needs to avenge his "loss" and defeat Bradley more convincingly he should do it.

If he's comfortable having an unavenged official "loss" on his resume and feels he has nothing to gain by fighting Bradley again that's fine too.

And then there's the Arum thing.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Merchant is right, Pacquiao needs someone who actually wants to WIN in spectacular fashion and come to fight not box and move.

Its funny everytime Mayweather fights he has guys who just fight him super aggressive he is lucky cause he doesn't have to worry about fighting slick boxers because even guys like Marquez play into his game and become the aggressor.

With Pacquiao ever since he destroyed anyone who came at him aggressive they now want to get on their track shoes like James Toney always says these guys just want to run laps and not fight.

I think put Pac in against Maidana or Matthysse. At least if one of those guys wins the fans will be satisfied because two warriors are in the ring with Pac, the casual fan respects a guy who wins by knock out or pressure its the truth.

Comment

Merchant is right on all points... making a bradley rematch would not only add fuel to the fire from the last fight, at this point it would be laughable... the casual sports media thinks that fight was fixed... and this hardcore boxing fan thinks the same.....

and like merchant, i too have been saying pacquiao needs a new name... would lol if they announce a marquez fight for the 100th time....

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

Like the idea of a credible opponent that would look for an emphatic win and would like to c Lucas or Chino but we're talking GBP. Not happening. More likely the Alvarado Rios winner.

Comment

Man what do people continue to call Manny an "eight division champion"? He is no such thing, this is ridiculous. The opponent he fought for the WW title (Cotto) was at a catchweight and the opponent at JMW was at a catchweight (150). He did not legitimately win a WW title or a JMW title. Enough is enough with this orchestrated bull****. He is a SIX division titlist, not an EIGHT, period.

Floyd would have been crucified for this **** had he done the same thing...not praised like Manny is.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTown2Diego View Post
                    Like the idea of a credible opponent that would look for an emphatic win and would like to c Lucas or Chino but we're talking GBP. Not happening. More likely the Alvarado Rios winner.
                    I hope you know the discussion's about a November 10, 2012 fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X