Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can anyone think biggie is better than pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
    Biggie is the better lyricist? Trolololol. I see youre from nyc, so what can i say.

Lyrically, neither was that great. Neither are atg lyricists. Message wise, tupac was ahead of biggie.

Are you one of these guys who thinks that lyrical skill is about using Big Words? T

Comment

• Originally posted by res View Post
      Are you one of these guys who thinks that lyrical skill is about using Big Words? T
      Nope, lots of things are to be taken into consideration. Not saying biggie is/was a bad lyricist, just there are/were some talented cats in this regard.
      Last edited by ~AK49~; 01-14-2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Biggie is the better lyricist? Trolololol. I see youre from nyc, so what can i say.

Lyrically, neither was that great. Neither are atg lyricists. Message wise, tupac was ahead of biggie.

Pretty much the only argument you can make is biggie had a better flow. Its debatable, and ultimately a matter of opinion and comes down to tastes. Both had tremendous flow.
        Me being from NYC has zero to do with Biggie being better than Pac. Me being alive & old enough to understand hip hop of the 80's & 90's & seeing BIG's influence on rap back then & today has EVERYTHING to do with it. You sound young fam but I could be wrong because you talk like most cats these days whi don't know the roots of hip hop. Pretty much anyone old enough that was alive & listening to hip hop back then would agree with me. You listen to that live freestyle I posted from Biggie? Probably not because if you did you would've never said BIG didn't have lyrics. Most old school NY rappers are all about lyrics. Fact fam. That's why most NY'ers don't like the South because most aren't saying anything. The only thing Pac had on Biggie was he brought an emotion to rap that BIG never had a chance to bring because his career was cut short. As far as flow & lyrics; Pacs inferior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knicksman20 View Post
          Me being from NYC has zero to do with Biggie being better than Pac. Me being alive & old enough to understand hip hop of the 80's & 90's & seeing BIG's influence on rap back then & today has EVERYTHING to do with it. You sound young fam but I could be wrong because you talk like most cats these days whi don't know the roots of hip hop. Pretty much anyone old enough that was alive & listening to hip hop back then would agree with me. You listen to that live freestyle I posted from Biggie? Probably not because if you did you would've never said BIG didn't have lyrics. Most old school NY rappers are all about lyrics. Fact fam. That's why most NY'ers don't like the South because most aren't saying anything. The only thing Pac had on Biggie was he brought an emotion to rap that BIG never had a chance to bring because his career was cut short. As far as flow & lyrics; Pacs inferior.
          Youre only kidding yourself if you think pac didnt have as much influence on rap/hip hop. Mofos like nas looked up to pac. Mofo's in the cuts still look up to pac. Thats not to say biggie didnt have a tremendous influence either, im just saying....lettuce be reality.

I havent listened to that freestyle yet, ill check it out. I tend to not care about 'freestyles', as most all 'freestyles' are simply pre written material that they bust out. Maybe big's was a real freestyle, il check it out....but ill be able to tell. But props to him if he is spitting stuff from his dome that is unique and pertains to the situation/surroundings.

As far as all the other biggie songs posted itt, i have/listen to them all regularily on my playlist.

Comment

Youre only kidding yourself if you think pac didnt have as much influence on rap/hip hop. Mofos like nas looked up to pac. Mofo's in the cuts still look up to pac. Thats not to say biggie didnt have a tremendous influence either, im just saying....lettuce be reality.

I havent listened to that freestyle yet, ill check it out. I tend to not care about 'freestyles', as most all 'freestyles' are simply pre written material that they bust out. Maybe big's was a real freestyle, il check it out....but ill be able to tell. But props to him if he is spitting stuff from his dome that is unique and pertains to the situation/surroundings.

As far as all the other biggie songs posted itt, i have/listen to them all regularily on my playlist.
            I never said Pac didn't influence hip hop because he did. He just didn't influence it like BIG did when he was ALIVE. That's why I said people romanticized Pac AFTER his death. Pac was salty over BIG's success. Here it is his "little brother" whom he took under his wing blew up right in front of him & took control of rap.

And freestyle doesn't always mean spitting off the top of the dome. Freestyle or the original meaning of it is a free flowing rap that could be written or not about random things.

Comment

• Have you heard this? If you don't want to hear The Lox verses just jump to 4:35 & tell me honestly he doesn't lyrics. This is 96' BTW:

Comment

• Originally posted by Knicksman20 View Post
                I never said Pac didn't influence hip hop because he did. He just didn't influence it like BIG did when he was ALIVE. That's why I said people romanticized Pac AFTER his death. Pac was salty over BIG's success. Here it is his "little brother" whom he took under his wing blew up right in front of him & took control of rap.

And freestyle doesn't always mean spitting off the top of the dome. Freestyle or the original meaning of it is a free flowing rap that could be written or not about random things.
                Well, we have different definitions of freestyle. Based on your definition, what isnt a freestyle?

Theres nothing free about written

Comment

Well, we have different definitions of freestyle. Based on your definition, what isnt a freestyle?

Theres nothing free about written
                  Look that up if you don't believe me. I bet it's on the Internet somewhere. Freestyle meant free in form & random whether written or off the dome. That's from the 80's. It wasn't until more recent hip hop where the definition was pigeon holed into off the dome.

Comment

• This is a freestyle & one of the best I've ever heard:

I heard this on the radio back in 97' I believe:

Comment

• It's like asking which flavor of ice cream you like most. It just depends on the way I'm feeling at the moment, what I'm in the mood for. Right now, I'm listening to Biggie. There's days where I only listen to Tupac. Their personas and music are so different that the listener should never feel like they can only listen to one or the other. Biggie and Tupac can co-exist.

Favorite Biggie tracks

Comment

Working...
                      X