No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Pirog is "90% Done" as Geale Secures Sturm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Pirog is "90% Done" as Geale Secures Sturm

An interesting set of circumstances has created the foundation for two middleweight title fights.

It was officially announced on Thursday that a deal was reached for a September 1 unification between IBF champion Daniel Geale (27-1, 15KOs) and the WBA's super champion at 160, Felix Sturm (37-2-2, 16KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Really don't care much about the Sturm fight but Golovkin/Pirog has my attention. Would really enjoy this fight. I'm interested to see where in America they would showcase such a fight. The winner better get a crack at Martinez as well.

Comment

Absolute props to Pirog for taking this tough fight against Golovkin. It's a shame Sturm gets away with this easy unification.

Anyway, Pirog vs Golovkin is a toss up and I'm thrilled to see both guys in the ring! This could turn out to be a classic!

Comment

As unlucky as this year has been so far, I can't say that the powers that be haven't been trying to make big fights. This is very good news.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          Really don't care much about the Sturm fight but Golovkin/Pirog has my attention. Would really enjoy this fight. I'm interested to see where in America they would showcase such a fight. The winner better get a crack at Martinez as well.
          Golovokin has expresed an interest at fighting at MSG. I would love to see this held at the Theater at MSG.
          Golovkin looked ahead to a mandatory showdown with WBA Super Middleweight Champion Felix Sturm of Germany. that fight must take place by Sept. 30.
          "I want to fight Sturm finally and then later this year I would like to fight in the United States, preferably at Madison Square Garden," Golovkin said. "I was at Sergio Martinez's fight there in March of this year and would be very interested in fighting him there."
          Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions, which handles Golovkin, said, "Our immediate plan is to face Sturm and then have Gennady fight in America. Madison Square Garden has shown great interest in having his U.S. debut there and we have had good discussions with HBO, Showtime and EPIX about broadcasting his fights."
          http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxin...ami/54942304/1

Comment

This will be a fight to tune into. I didn't think Pirog was going to take on any real challenges for a while, but this is definitely no easy ride for either man

Comment

Originally posted by sweet-s View Post
              Absolute props to Pirog for taking this tough fight against Golovkin. It's a shame Sturm gets away with this easy unification.

Anyway, Pirog vs Golovkin is a toss up and I'm thrilled to see both guys in the ring! This could turn out to be a classic!
              Easy unification??!!...I reckon Geale will smash Sturm...EASY.

Comment

Hopefully Geale beats Sturm.

Finally these MW's are all starting to fight each other.

Comment

Best news in a very long time. Hopefully, the winners face off after.

Comment

yes! about time top MWs started fighting each other. it's a shame pirog's belt won't be on the line cause the winner deserves that belt. pirog/golovkin was the fight i was hoping for, for a while, and it's finally being made. too excited for this matchup, it'll be a good one. sturm/geale is great as well cause it's a unification. hopefully the last 10% gets wrapped up and we can hear the details about location and what not soon. so looking forward to this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X